Dr. Phillip Helding Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Phillip Helding Jr?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Phillip Helding Jr?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

June 1st, 2017

Unprofessional

He talks to you like you are 5 years old and gets frustrated when you don't use medical terminology! Mentioned something about my past and he said what does that have to with your problem now. Real nice guy 🙄! He would rather push pills that mess with chemicals in your brain than actually listen to what your concerns are. I've never been in his room more than 5 minutes to discuss anything. He asks you what's going on and before you get your answer out he cuts you off! I'm sorry but in my opinion it's also unprofessional to have that type of job and show up to work with ripped jeans and a hoodie. All he wants is money from the pharmaceutical companies. I feel worse after I leave... unbelievable.

December 10th, 2016

Do NOT see this psychiatrist. Dr. Helding answered the phone while I was mid-sentence in my session with him. In addition, he blindly threw medication at me and treated me as a guinea pig. I have now found out that hormone imbalances were the issue, and Dr. Helding's treatment not only put my body in danger by him throwing medications at me but prolonged my healing. My psychiatrists after that seemed to agree that he is a quack. After a solid diagnosis, his answer to medicine that reacted badly with my body was to give me a strong anti-psychotic that related to bi-polar disorder, not the anxiety I had been diagnosed with as a textbook case. His license should be revoked. I've heard similar experiences from others who have seen him.

October 13th, 2016

Do not use this doctor

This so called psychiatrist was the absolute worst dr. I have ever encountered. After only 3 office visits I realized this dr. was not qualified to practice in the field of psychiatry. I had just lost my mother to Alzheimer's disease, and then 3 months later my father died. I chose Dr. Helding because he was in my insurance plan and close to home. He was indifferent, did not make eye contact when speaking, constantly typed on his computer while I was speaking, and had the audacity to tell me that is is very common for spouses to die within months of each other and that's what statistics show. This man is not compassionate or qualified to practice psychiatry. I am glad I quit going to him after 3 worthless visits. Do yourself a favor and pass by his name if he is in your insurance plan.

August 13th, 2016

I'm doing some research to see if he is actually a doctor.

July 13th, 2016

Please do not go to this man if you really want help

If you need help with serious issues, this is not the person to see. He has no interest in helping you. It's hard to understand why he has chosen this profession, as he seems to be only concerned with getting by with the absolute minimum he can get away with to still qualify as a "doctor". Stay away.

December 14th, 2015

The absolute worst!!!

Stay away from Dr. Helding. It's a waste of time and money to see this unprofessional psychiatrist. He is unable to speak fluently as he mumbles his words, he doesn't make eye contact with you, he doesn't ask follow up questions, he talks to other clients while in for an appointment, he's always fiddling around on mobile devices, a 40 minute appointment lasts 10 minutes, he treats you like poorly, and he makes you feel more depressed when you leave his office. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.

December 7th, 2015

He needs to stay off his phone Whenever I saw him he ended up talking on his phone to someone about another patient I feel if I and the insurance company is paying it should be about me for that time He also needs to be on time for appointments my time is as valuable as his.

November 5th, 2015

Be Professional at your job

DR did not give much details on what's is going with patient. Did not acknowledge us when we walked in his office. the whole visit was less then 10 minutes. Staff was rude we over heard them call someone stupid for missing signature.

November 3rd, 2015

Honored Miltary Insurance , When Others Doctors Would Not

I'm an active duty military Service-member. When I received my referral for services, Dr. Helding was the ONLY provider willing to take my Tricare Prime Remote medical insurance. He's a great doctor and I would recommend his services to anyone.

September 26th, 2015

extremely helpful and understanding

I really appreciated Dr. Holding. He quit taking my insurance after I had seen him a few times but continued to see me regardless. He wasn't like other psychiatrists I have seen where the appt lasts long enough to write a script and send you on your way. He actually scheduled 45 minute appts with me for a little counseling. Great guy and Dr....maybe he's just overwhelmed between Naperville and Hinsdale. Even psychiatrists need a break for mental health.

September 15th, 2015

Dr. Helding did NOT talk to me....AT ALL. I explained my previous diagnoses, while he fiddled with his computer, his tablet, and took phone calls. On my second visit, he asked me how I was doing, but didn't seem AT ALL to be listening to my very short response, and did NOT ask ANY follow-up questions. I was literally in and out of his office in less than 10 minutes. He had a student in the room, to whom he never introduced me. I asked him to up one of my meds, and he did so with NO discussion. When I asked him why he didn't talk to me or ask me any questions, he said it was because he knew I had another counselor, so he would "leave me in her capable hands". His office staff didn't respond to a request from DHS, and when I asked them why, I was told they never received it. I waited while they looked for it, only to find out that they were confused because the request had both my maiden and married names. If you are looking for a psychiatrist who cares about your health and well-being, this is NOT the doctor for you. If all you're looking for is medication, than Dr. Helding is happy to oblige....just be prepared to wait....to NEVER make eye contact....and to be VERY patient with the office staff.

December 16th, 2014

He's got something the wrong way around

He has the GENERAL question be "What are these clients giving me?" rather than "What am I giving these clients?" as it should be. He's just confused as to who should do the benefacting and the benefitting, that's all. Then the clients can make their progress in its own dear, endless direction as it should be.....