Orthopaedic Surgeon, Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation), Pain Management Specialist, Student

Desert Orthopedic
39000 Bob Hope Dr
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
760-568-2684
Locations and availability (1)

|  Mrs Marjorie R Hanna  |  show details
by Marjorie R hanna on May 29th, 2014

As I was referred to Dr Phillip Smith thru Dr David Tahernia and was very comfortable the moment I meant Dr Smith for the first time. He sent good time with me and explained things extremely well leaving me with good knowledge of the process he had planned for my recovery of my pain in my back. Each time we have returned to his services he continues to give the time needed for are under standing of the continuing process. Thank You Dr Phillip Smith. Marjorie Hanna

|  Mrs Marjorie R Hanna  |  show details
by Marjorie R hanna on May 29th, 2014

As we were referred to Dr Philip Smith thru Dr David Tahernia whom we also have great trust and respect for we were very comfortable about meeting Dr Smith because of our respect for Dr Tahernia. as we meet Dr Smith for the first time our thoughts were correct ---Out Standing.

|  Pain Management  |  show details
by Jean Werner on May 26th, 2014

The pain I was experiencing in my back was the worse I have ever endured. Dr. Smith knew just what to do after an MRI was done. After two injections in my neck the relief was like magic. He is very personable and gentle with his procedure. I would certainly recommend him to anyone. I would give him 5 stars!!

|  Always Positive  |  show details
by Stephen H. Weiss on May 15th, 2014

Jeff is always positive about my treatment. He has diagnosed issues other doctors were unable to diagnose and his treatment is always polite, cheerful and looking for ways to make my life better.

|  Dr. Smith Eisenhower Desert Orthopedic Center  |  show details
by Lynn Burden on May 13th, 2014

Dr. Smith has a very positive attitude, friendly and dresses impeccably.I feel he has my best interest in going forward with my treatment. He is gentle when he gives me my injections. Young, enthusiastic and caring Dr. Smith is an asset to Eisenhower Desert Orthopedic Center. The staff, nurses technicians are very courteous and they make you feel a part of Eisenhower Desert Orthopedic Centers team. You are not alone Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

|  Dr Phillip J. Smith  |  show details
by Eugene Sbarbaro on May 10th, 2014

Dr Smith was the best Orthopedic Dr i have been treated by. And I have had Many Doctors. HIs professional and friendly manner was first class.He was concerned and answered all my questions. l left knowing that I Had the best care possible.Also he gives the best shots i have ever received.Great guy. a "10" in the Medical field Overall rating is a 10

|  DR. PHILLIP J. SMITH  |  show details
by MICHAEL N. BOZANICH JR. on Nov 13th, 2013

DR SMITH IS GREAT. HE HAS TRIED NUMEROUS PROCEDURES TO HELP MY BULGING DISC AND LOWER BACK PAIN. DR. SMITH HAS ALSO HELPED MY WIFE WITH HER BULGING DISC AND SACROILLIAC PAIN. WE WOULD RECOMMEND DR. SMITH TO ANYONE HAVING PAIN. DR. SMITH IS DEDI- CATED TO HIS PATIENTS AND NEVER STOPS TRYING TO MAKE THE PATIENT FEEL BETTER. DR. SMITH IS ALWAYS FRIENDLY AND POSITIVE. DR. SMITH IS A GREAT ASSET TO EISENHOWER DESERT ORTHOPEDIC CENTER. HE HAS LOWERED MY PAIN LEVEL, AND DR. SMITH HAS HELPED RESTORE MY BALANCE. I NO LONGER FALL ( AT LEAST 20 FALLS BEFORE I SAW DR. SMITH. DR. SMITH SENT MY WIFE TO THERAPY AND SHE FEELS SHE IS GETTING BETTER. MY WIFE AND I STRETCH EVERY DAY, AND THAT ALSO HELPS!

|  show details
Mar 6th, 2013

I came to Dr. Smith's office three months ago as a new patient and got an appointment within a couple of days. The staff was very friendly and kind. While I was taken back by how young Dr. Smith looks (he looks my son's age!), it was evident he's not only very professional and competent but also kind, understanding and empathetic doctor. My chronic back pain has improved tremendously by a combination of pain medication and procedures (nerve blocks and injections). I'm very happy I changed doctors!

|  Refused a morphine implant  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2012

When I refused a morphine implant this doctor dropped me as a patient. I had so many problems with a previous implant I can't understand why he would want me to have another one.

|  show details
Sep 26th, 2011

Very rude and childish

|  Amazing Doctor! The Best!  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2011

Dr. Smith is an amazing doctor! He's very patient, kind and caring. He's up to date on the latest medical news/techniques/skills which is wonderful. I would trust him with the care of my kids which says a lot. You would be making the best decision you've ever made making him your doctor for a lifetime! Thanks Dr. Smith!