Dr. Phillip Kempf MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

June 18th, 2017
No bedside manner. Awful staff.
The front desk is overwhelmed and short tempered. He may have great knowledge, but the worst bedside manner. He told me that I had lupus and when I asked what that meant he told me to look at the lupus foundation website and left the room. When I left the practice, I could not get them to share my medical records despite repeated attempts.

November 30th, 2016
Very knowledgable, but bed side manner is a bit lacking

August 23rd, 2016
Satisfied Patient
I have been treated by Dr. Kempf for over 10 years. He is always receptive and interested, and the staff has been very easy to work with.

June 13th, 2016
The Best of the Best!
Simply the BEST!

June 1st, 2016
very good Dr

February 3rd, 2016
Very good rheumatologist referred by uncle with same diagnosis.

September 2nd, 2015
A Doctor's Doctor

July 24th, 2015
Terrible doctor. Abuses his position. Unscruptulous. Will suggest a change of treatment with out telling you it will cost you thousands of dollars more than the current treatment. And a Quack!! Find someone else

May 22nd, 2015
Horrible!!!
I went to doctor Kempf for a rapid onset of hand arthritis. My fingers were becoming deformed overnight. Needless to say, I was very upset. I'm a 50 year old female in very good health. He was rude and compassionless. He dismissed my questions and callously told me I had degenerative arthritis. Did that sound good to me? no. Was I even sure what that meant prognosis wise? no. I made one last attempt to get him to give my situation more than 5 minutes thought, and asked him if I could have Lyme arthritis. He told me no. He said I had no symptoms. How would he know? He didn't ask me any questions. What a waste of time. 2 weeks later I was diagnosed with late stage Lyme disease. Easily treated with a course of antibiotics. That was 2 more weeks of additional irreversible joint deformity. No wonder it was so easy to get an appointment.

May 6th, 2014
patient
Dr. Kempf is a marginal rheumatologist. I had to go to two other doctors before being diagnosed. Now I can add unethical to his review. He charged me over $1000 without me okaying it. He did this because he makes more money doing infusions in the office than prescribing a $10 prescription. I always showed much concern about costs. He ran up a very large tab without letting me make a decision about treatment.

July 13th, 2013
Great doctor!!
I was recently a new patient to this office due to having swollen and stiff knees, saw Dr.Kempf and instantly felt comfortable with him. Although it might be hard to get through on the phone sometimes, and the flow of patients in the office seems quite busy, the front staff was very friendly and helpful! would def.recommend to other patients.

May 6th, 2013
Dr. Kempf
Dr. Kempf is wonderful, His front desk is a total different subject. They don't listen to the patients and just play around. It's like they are to relaxed