Internists

5901 W Olympic Blvd
Ste 420
Los Angeles, CA 90036
323-525-1115
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Had to Fork over for too many irrelevant blood tests.  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2013

Nice doctor, but I am new in town and wanted one specific test performed. He told me there were a quite a bit of other tests he wanted to perform which were unrelated to the reason that I came, and of which I had no symptoms. I was strongly requested to do an HIV test - and several other tests - again unrelated to the one thing that I asked for. In addition to the copay I ended up having to pay $600 for these tests that I didn't ask for which I was kind of forced to get, since when the blood was drawn I was then told what tests the doctor wanted to perform. I didn't know how many tests were being done and what they would cost. And of course came back showing nothing was wrong. I'm not saying its a scam, but I have never had to pay more than $100 for extensive blood work before with my plan or felt more coerced to get irrelevent expensive tests performed.

|  Missed my diabetes for ten years.  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2011

I went to Dr. Musikanth for approx. 14 years. I started developing numbness in my toes on both feet over 10 years ago. Musikanth sent me to neurologists but no one could diagnose me. I often asked him if it could be diabetic neuropathy. My mother had noticed years prior that I was 'always thirsty' and suggested I ask for tests. Periodically, doctor would oblige me with a "modern" blood test that checks for high sugar damage by the amount of caramelization in the blood. I asked him numerous times why he didn't include an old fashioned urinalysis. He told me, "Oh, we don't do that anymore."I had to go to a "substitute" doctor for a pre-op exam prior to a back surgery as Musikanth was out of town.This doc turned out to be fantastic. (Dr. Jonathan Rand in Marina del Rey).He took one look at my feet and said, this looks like diabetes and immediately ordered a urinalysis. He called me and said that I wasn't fit to have my surgery as I was spilling a thousand units of glucose in my pee. I asked him what the normal amount should be: "About zero."It took several months on oral diabetes med, Metformin, before I was cleared for surgery.Naturally, I dropped Musikanth like a hot potato and Rand became my doctor.My feeling about Musikanth is bitterness about being betrayed by someone I had believed in for years. A simple old fashioned urine test told me that I had been accumulating nerve damage for at least ten years. I feel that's blatant incompetence or even malpractice.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2011

Dr. Musikanth has been my physician for several years. I have seen many different doctors over the years and Dr. M is one of the best.

|  show details
Nov 27th, 2010

perfect for me in every respect