Dr. Phillip Omohundro MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 21st, 2016
I am the patient that will never go away ! I love both doctors very much . Great bed side manner from Dr.O and Dr. Barry.

April 27th, 2016
This practice, Drs, staff and all, exceeds my expectations with every visit. I have had several surgeries with these Drs and I was treated with white glove service every time. Whether you are an athlete, former athlete, or weekend warrior the team at MOST is the best. I highly recommend and endorse this practice and team.

February 16th, 2016
This practice is a center of excellence! Dr. Omohundro and Barry Thompson provide exceptional service and support to me and my family

January 27th, 2016
Already recommended three friends and they love the staff and service they have received.

October 19th, 2015
I've always had a good experience with Metro!

January 26th, 2015
EXCELLENT AND CARING.bEST PA
EXCLELENT

November 11th, 2013
Dr. O. did an excellent job on my shoulder surgery. Physcial therapy was long and grueling and I thought I would never be 100%. However, working with Dr. O and his staff we put in the work and time and now I am fully recovered. I would recommend him to anyone.

June 20th, 2013
Terrific Dr. and Boss
Back in 2000-2004 I worked for Dr. Omohundro and while I was employed my achillies tendon ruptured, I was seen by the PA first and then by Dr. O himself, they both gave me the same diagnosis. Dr. O performed my surgery and physical therapy as well. Dr. O told me it's all about flexibility by stretching my body. As an employee I noticed how much his services are in demand, Dr. O have seen and probably still do sees numerous people because he come highly recommended, But if anyone needs to get an appointment with Dr. O, do not get angry if the appointment is not as fast as it is wanted. Dr.'s like Dr. O come a dime a dozen, vary rare to find that is why he is so booked up which speaks volume of his services. Unfortunately family situation separated me from his business, but if I could or needed too see an orthopedic , I pray that it would be Dr. O himself. Dr. O spends time with his patients and educate them if he is listened too, Dr. O will answer all of your questions and explain it in a way to be understood. I miss working for Dr. O and I would like to say hi to Dr. O and K.W. you all be blessed.

August 26th, 2010
no no to Dr. O
My visit with Dr. O was in 1997. He completely misdiagnosed my condition. He said I had a neck strain and back contusion when I had extensive spinal cord injuries. He never ordered an MRI despite that I complained of severe pain in my neck, and upper and lower back. I continued to have severe pain with trouble walking, moving, doing anything and grew weaker and weaker over a period of 8 months. He laughed once when I asked about an MRI. He ordered Physical therapy and I was pulled on, manipulated and stretched. Who knows how much additional damage was done in his office which housed the PT. He brought in a pain specialist, Dr. Jackson, who also laughed when I mentioned the MRI, and she said that she and DR O talked about it and basically I was distressed. Dr O prescribed Paxil for PTSD and when I told him I was on Serzone for migraines, another medication that is the same type of drug as Paxil and that the pharmacist refused to fill it because I could die, he simply tore up the script.I went to two other doctors before I had an MRI because the other doctors could not believe that I did not have the test done and I must be distressed or it would have been done. Too many doctors rely on the former doctor's assessment without doing their own. The patient must have it wrong. I finally had my MRI without telling Dr O and I had massive cervical and lumbar spinal cord injuries that were called in urgently to the ordering physician. I had been walking around 8 months with low c2c3c4c5c6c7 cord compressions and L1L2L3L4L5-S1 compression! The long term neuro-vascular deficit has left me with lifelong damage. My condition is permanent , complicated and my life expectancy is shortened by 18 years. I live in chronic severe pain and disability. When I was so sick, using a cane, then a walker, dragging my legs that were so weak and not able to use my arms well, I called Dr O for Dr Jackson's information and I was told that his office did not keep records of referring physicians even though she saw me in his office each time except for the steroid injections into the areas of pain that took place in Bowie Md Hospital. Dr Jackson turned off her phone, refused to answer my letters or return my calls ,before she disconnected her phone, moved out of her office and literally fled the area. Dr Hazel Jackson never returned one of my calls after I told of the MRI results and my visit to the neurosurgeon. The surgeon said that I should have been there months ago. and my spinal column was so soft and damaged from a lack of blood flow and nerve supply for so long that he put in 2 metal rods, 8 screws, bone grafts, and eventually a metal plate. I have had so many surgeries and procedures and hospitalizations and my life is totally lost due to the gross negligence of Dr O. He never even called to see how I was. Dr Jackson ran out of state and is nowhere to be found. I was so sick for so long with two little girls and no one to help me that I could not pursue Dr O a who did everything he could not to give me any information about my case and Dr Jackson. I was critically ill from all the surgeries and complications of undiagnosed massive spinal cord injuries and medical problems that developed, raising two girls (my older daughter has cerebral palsy) and the tactics Dr. O employed to avoid giving me information about Dr. Jackson, who became my main caregiver, and refusing to answer questions that I had no energy to pursue a malpractice case against him. I had all the obvious signs of cord damage that a first year med student could have diagnosed me. Anyone off the street would know enough to do an MRI. I am still undergoing treatment and am severely stressed about my current complications. It hurts to just breathe and I sleep very little due to pain and headaches. I am taking the time now to warn others away from Dr O and Dr Jackson where ever she is. I hope no one has to face what I am facing due to gross negligence and incompetence. When I was there 3 other patients came in and took their records dissatisfied with their care. I never saw so many patients so openly angry over their treatment with a doctor before and should have listened to that little voice, only I did not have enough information at the time and I was in so much pain day and night with spasms causing my legs to curl up on themselves and my back muscles would squeeze down harder and harder until I felt as if they would pulverize themselves. The muscles were trying to tell me not to move and protect the endangered spine.I had every sign on exam of spinal cord injury. There was nothing subtle about it. Why these doctors are still practicing is a mystery to me. This has to do solely with medical competence and ethical practice of keeping medical records on consultants. If anyone reads this and you are a patient there get another opinion at least. I do not think that Dr Omohundro is capable of diagnosing medical conditions properly unless the are obvious broken bones. His error with the Paxil and failure to get an MRI is scary.This was basic practice-check drug interactions and get a diagnosis by doing a test especially when a car accident victim is not getting any better, but worse. Too many doctors today are sloppy and do not follow through they are supposed to take a thorough history, do a complete exam, make a preliminary list of possible diagnoses, do appropriate tests. Not working out- do it all over again, especially the thinking part that asks what could be wrong? Maybe my diagnosis was wrong and I need to take a good look again. How does a strain and a contusion take 8 months to heal and even get worse? I wish I had been able to pursue a malpractice case, but it is too late and Dr Jackson has disappeared. Please , please, people out there , talk to more than one lawyer if you have to before you make a decision to sue or not if you really feel you have been wronged.You deserve the best care available. 14 years of suffering and my life, what's left of it, is ruined.