Dr. Phillip Rawlings Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Mobile, AL

• Good
  • Bad

August 31st, 2016
Excellent doctor who genuinely cares for your health
Great general doctor I love this man he is the very first doctor that took his time with you and actually listened to what you said to him about your symptoms and wrote out a plan and my health in general has gotten better than it has been in years. Love this doctor wouldn't trade him for nothing in this world.

August 5th, 2016
Excellent Doctor!!
I've been seeing Dr Rawlings for 4 years now & I love him he's the best Dr I've seen! He takes time with you and explains things that other dr don't even bother with! Wouldn't change for nothing!! I love his staff Sherry is the bomb !

May 25th, 2016
Very Disappointed
I have been going to Dr. Rawlings for many years. In the beginning things were great, but the last few years things have changed drastically and I am very disappointed. I greatly appreciate Dr. Rawlings for changing my thyroid meds and for prescribing me my much needed ADD meds when no other doctor would listen to me; Dr. Rawlings not only listened but he helped me and I am grateful for that. However, the last few years I have dealt with high blood pressure issues and doctor Rawlings will NOT change my meds even though he knows the meds are NOT working. He usually chalks it up to the stress in my life, the fact that I suffer from an Anxiety disorder, ADD, and Depression. Yes, I have a lot of stress in my life and being a single mom of two boys with Autism is extremely stressful but there has got to be a BP medicine out there that can help lower my numbers. 190/125 is NOT normal. Every time I go into his office my BP is extremely high! My last visit he put me back on depression meds, which I agree that I do need because I do suffer from depression and have for many years. However, the meds that he put me on caused the right side of my face and neck to go numb. When I started researching this medicine, it states that if you have high blood pressure this med is not to be used at least until your BP is under control. Okay my BP is NOT at a normal number, it is still pretty darn high!!!! So, yes I agree with some of his other patients that he prescribes some pretty dangerous med combos. As patients, we are expected to trust our doctors with our lives. I don't feel that I can trust my doctor any longer and I definitely do NOT trust his nurses. I have two meds that were supposed to be changed according to my lab results but between the doctor and the nurse neither has been changed. I have two boys that depend on me and need me to be around for a long time, which is why I have decided to start looking for a new doctor.

April 28th, 2016
This doctor prescribes horrible combinations of medications and never follows up with patients to understand the extremely negative and life threatening results. He does not know what he is doing.

March 10th, 2016
Very helpful and professional

September 17th, 2015
Would not recommend to any one.
Doesn't listen. Just prescribes lots of medications and doesn't really care about the patient or family.

August 6th, 2015
Pt
I went to Dr Rawlings for new pt visit today. After sitting in waiting room for over an hour I was finally called to exam room. My wife went back with me. I was told that I could not have anyone in the exam room with me. That was not an option with me due to having trouble hearing. Dr Rawlings refused to see me with my wife in the room. I don't know why he refused to let my wife stay in the room. So since it wasn't an option we immediately got up and got my copay back I will never go back there again nor will I recommend anyone to that office. The staff is very rude along with him.

May 18th, 2015
Overall satisfaction
I appreciate his knowledge and giving above to maintain a healthy diet and energy level when dealing with my busy kid filed life.

April 7th, 2015
Wouldn't want to go to anyone else
I have been going to Dr. Rawlings for over a year now and can't imagine going to anyone else. The only original problem I had was the extra long wait time but that has improved to 25 minutes or less which, in these days is great!

February 10th, 2015
The best doctor I've ever known. Takes time to get to know you and treat you accordingly. I owe my life to Dr. Rawlings!

January 23rd, 2014
Good Dr terrible staff
The doctor writes prescriptions for too many narcotics but he does thoroughly test the patients and tries to help. His staff is 99% of the problem at his practice.The staff is the absolute worst that I have ever seen. Rude, incompetent, and confused. They never follow up...good luck on getting anything done via this staff.

November 1st, 2013
Love Him, Needs new desk or clerical people
I have been seeing Dr. Rawlings for over 2 years. He is wonderful. Takes the time to listen to whats going on. Encourges you to listen to your body. Always explains what he is giving you and why. His nurses are fine. His clerical staff is horrible and rude. They are fine face to face; however, if you try to call you are met with rudness and they are in a hurry to get you off the phone even if that means telling you to go somewhere else.