Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Very Disappointed show details Very Disappointed
May 25th, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Rawlings for many years. In the beginning things were great, but the last few years things have changed drastically and I am very disappointed. I greatly appreciate Dr. Rawlings for changing my thyroid meds and for prescribing me my much needed ADD meds when no other doctor would listen to me; Dr. Rawlings not only listened but he helped me and I am grateful for that. However, the last few years I have dealt with high blood pressure issues and doctor Rawlings will NOT change my meds even though he knows the meds are NOT working. He usually chalks it up to the stress in my life, the fact that I suffer from an Anxiety disorder, ADD, and Depression. Yes, I have a lot of stress in my life and being a single mom of two boys with Autism is extremely stressful but there has got to be a BP medicine out there that can help lower my numbers. 190/125 is NOT normal. Every time I go into his office my BP is extremely high! My last visit he put me back on depression meds, which I agree that I do need because I do suffer from depression and have for many years. However, the meds that he put me on caused the right side of my face and neck to go numb. When I started researching this medicine, it states that if you have high blood pressure this med is not to be used at least until your BP is under control. Okay my BP is NOT at a normal number, it is still pretty darn high!!!! So, yes I agree with some of his other patients that he prescribes some pretty dangerous med combos. As patients, we are expected to trust our doctors with our lives. I don't feel that I can trust my doctor any longer and I definitely do NOT trust his nurses. I have two meds that were supposed to be changed according to my lab results but between the doctor and the nurse neither has been changed. I have two boys that depend on me and need me to be around for a long time, which is why I have decided to start looking for a new doctor.

Apr 28th, 2016

This doctor prescribes horrible combinations of medications and never follows up with patients to understand the extremely negative and life threatening results. He does not know what he is doing.

by Cynthia Bloxton on Mar 10th, 2016

Very helpful and professional

Would not recommend to any one. show details Would not recommend to any one.
Sep 17th, 2015

Doesn't listen. Just prescribes lots of medications and doesn't really care about the patient or family.

Pt show details Pt
by Michael Aplin on Aug 6th, 2015

I went to Dr Rawlings for new pt visit today. After sitting in waiting room for over an hour I was finally called to exam room. My wife went back with me. I was told that I could not have anyone in the exam room with me. That was not an option with me due to having trouble hearing. Dr Rawlings refused to see me with my wife in the room. I don't know why he refused to let my wife stay in the room. So since it wasn't an option we immediately got up and got my copay back I will never go back there again nor will I recommend anyone to that office. The staff is very rude along with him.

Overall satisfaction show details Overall satisfaction
by Carteemom on May 18th, 2015

I appreciate his knowledge and giving above to maintain a healthy diet and energy level when dealing with my busy kid filed life.

Wouldn't want to go to anyone else show details Wouldn't want to go to anyone else
Apr 7th, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Rawlings for over a year now and can't imagine going to anyone else. The only original problem I had was the extra long wait time but that has improved to 25 minutes or less which, in these days is great!

by Heather Sullivan on Feb 10th, 2015

The best doctor I've ever known. Takes time to get to know you and treat you accordingly. I owe my life to Dr. Rawlings!

Good Dr terrible staff show details Good Dr terrible staff
Jan 23rd, 2014

The doctor writes prescriptions for too many narcotics but he does thoroughly test the patients and tries to help. His staff is 99% of the problem at his practice.The staff is the absolute worst that I have ever seen. Rude, incompetent, and confused. They never follow up...good luck on getting anything done via this staff.

Love Him, Needs new desk or clerical people show details Love Him, Needs new desk or clerical people
by LongTime Pat. on Nov 1st, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Rawlings for over 2 years. He is wonderful. Takes the time to listen to whats going on. Encourges you to listen to your body. Always explains what he is giving you and why. His nurses are fine. His clerical staff is horrible and rude. They are fine face to face; however, if you try to call you are met with rudness and they are in a hurry to get you off the phone even if that means telling you to go somewhere else.

I LOVE & RECCOMEND HIM TO EVERYONE!! show details I LOVE & RECCOMEND HIM TO EVERYONE!!
by June Brannon Hearn on Oct 9th, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Rawlings for about 4 years. I came to him a COMPLETE mess due to the actions from my previous doctor. As a "New Patient" I was able to get an appointment right away. I had to wait a little bit more time, but once meeting him and talking to him... it was WELL worth it! He took the time to learn about my medical history and about me. I felt comfortable IMMEDIATELY with him and walked out KNOWING I had found MY doctor! I have had 2 strokes (one massive, one small), was diagnosed with depression, ADD, and anxiety disorder by the therapist I was seeing. Dr. Rawlings worked SO hard to get my medication just where they needed to be to allow me to function. It was him that realized I had been on the wrong high blood pressure medication for years. Because of him, I have been able to go back to school, after 12 years since my last college course, to study Surgical Technology ( I make 4.0's and the "President's List" since returning), which has NEVER happened before- even BEFORE the strokes! If you need a doctor who will really take care of you, listen to what you have to say, and will work hard to help you feel better! You'll absolutely LOVE HIM!!

Good Doctor, Terrible Staff show details Good Doctor, Terrible Staff
Sep 4th, 2013

Dr Rawlings is a thorough physician that truly tries to help his patients. The nurse and staff are confused, rude, and unorganized. The staff never returns your call.

Oct 12th, 2012

Wonderful doctor!

Very Unorganized Office show details Very Unorganized Office
Jul 2nd, 2012

Staff is unprofessional and sometimes rude. Not informative or helpful with policies or procedures. Wait times are longer than normal. Nurse is an idiot. Doc is nice but seems arrogant and close-minded. Not clear with his expectations at all.

Can't get in to see Dr. show details Can't get in to see Dr.
Aug 2nd, 2010

Never can get an appt for something that has just come up, referred to go to another Dr. by staff or they could set you up with an appt in 3 weeks. Been going to same clinic for 3 years and still can't get into see Dr. for urgent but not life threatning situation. They will call you several times a month wanting you to set up an appt for blood work, go figure...