Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

1185 Town Centre Dr
Ste 200
Saint Paul, MN 55123
651-772-5700
Locations and availability (8)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  BEST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD!!!!!  |  show details
by Anne Hallgren on Feb 25th, 2013

He saved my life when at least 20 other doctors in the state of Minnesota including doctors in his own practice,the U of M and the Mayo told me I was a liar, faker and it was all in my head. I had a feeding tube in my nose, down my throat and into my intestines for 14 1/2 months before I found this wonderful CARING intelligent decent loving man who knocked on the exam room door and before I even saw so much as a finger I heard him say Anne I know what you have and I can cure you. It took one simple gastric emptying study that freaked out the radiologists so much that instead if the two week wait to find out test results I heard from Dr Stoltenbergs nurse less than three hours after the test that as Dr S put it I failed that procedure do badly I was getting a gastric pacemaker or electrical stimulator. Insurance does not pay for this procedure because use it is still not FDA approved but Dr S guaranteed I would receive that magical surgery. He would have actually called the president of Medica on Christamas Eve if they did not approve my surgery before seven on Christmas eve night. He promised me that I would know that next Christmas I would be able to once again eat Christmas dinner. I knew he would have called me at 11:59 Christmas eve night to give me the good news. Fortunately we found out on the 23 late in the afternoon. He has an excellent, CARING, sensitive, understanding kind polite helpful bedside manner and when you get to know him a GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR. He will not just treat you and dump you he is in it for the long haul. I know several people who have seen him as their last hope and he never has sent anyone away with out a diagnosis and a treatment. Most treatments insurance companies won't pay for because Dr S takes in the strays that nobody else wants and as far as I know everyone gets the proper treatment paid for by their insurance because Dr S fights for his patients and does not take no for an answer. As of this date 2013 he is the only gastroenterologist in the entire state of Minnesota who does the gastric pacemakers. I a sled him why and he said that patients like me are time consuming and need to be watched carefully and treated when necessary and he told me that most doctors nowadays do not want to spend time with their patients getting to know them and helping them. Instead the other doctors want to quickly diagnosis, treat and get rid of you. Dr S spent ten months helping me deal with severe uncontrollable diarrhea. When I was not in his office during his lunch hour or seeing him after hours we were on the phone. I talked to him personally on the phone every Friday after his office hours were over for about an hour for those ten months discussing everything that was going on and what to do. Finally we had success but he put his blood sweat and tears and many hours helping and worrying about me. I adore and love Dr S for his dedication compassion and overall INCREDIBLE treatment. He will always be my favorite doctor because at a time everyone including me doubted me he believed and has made my life worth living again. Thanks Dr S. You are my HERO!!!!!!#