Dr. Phillip Cohen MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Laguna Hills, CA

3.0

November 30th, 2016
The worst Doctor on this earth!!! Stay far away!!!!

October 14th, 2016
AVOID AT ALL COST!!! JUST A PERSCRIPTION WRITING MEDI-CAL $$$ TAKING LOSER!!!!
WORST EVER PHYSCHIATRIST!!! WHEN YOU ARE REACHING OUT FOR HELP THIS IDIOT IS THE MOST UNCOMPASSIONATE DOCTOR. ALL HE DOES IS WRITE PERSCRIPTIONS AND THROWS YOU OUT THE DOOR.

January 5th, 2016
In and out
It was easy and he was awesome. Got me in and out and the help I needed

December 10th, 2015
spent 8 minutes with me ask 4 questions and wrote prescription for super strong medication,.......!!!!!

October 18th, 2015
Dependable, logical advice. He worked with me through my time of depression. Very helpful with family dynamics.

September 15th, 2015
Intelligent, Professional and Patient
When I initially read through some of the reviews below, I was a bit hesitant to meet Dr. Cohen. When I met him today, I found Dr. Cohen to be intelligent, professional and very patient. Yes, the waiting room was a bit small - but once in his office, I felt very much welcome, not rushed and reassured. Dr. Cohen's may not be as warm and fuzzy as some want (his job is not to act as a psychologist - but rather to help one more forward medically with their mental issues and struggles) but if you want a doctor who is interested in helping you understand your condition medically, then he is highly recommended. He is, in fact, the first psychiatrist who actually took the time to get to know me, understand my needs and make me feel welcome. I'm not sure I understand where these negative reviews are coming from. Take the reviews with a grain of salt and make your own decision.

September 1st, 2014
Stay away
This "Dr" never even spoke to the patient worse yet he never took any type of medical background. He just threw a prescription at mom and threw us out the door in less than 10 minutes. He Was not interested in hearing what was working or what was not. He told us everything we were doing was not working which was not true. My child had severe side effects due to the dosage of medication prescribed by Mr. Cohen. I called him on a weekend and did not get a call back until business hours on Monday. After speaking with the parents of other children my child's age I found out that Mr Cohen prescribed 4 times the average starting dose than their kids were taking in the beginning. In my opinion you are risking your child's health and safety if you go to this man. No reputable doctor prescribes medication without at least knowing the patients medical history.

April 6th, 2013
I recommend Dr Cohen...
Loved Dr Cohen...I found him to be intuitive and he has a great sense of humor. If you want an intelligent, witty, doctor that cuts through the bull...., I recommend Dr Cohen. He returns phone calls promptly and his office staff is courteous.

May 31st, 2012
Different experience than the others
I did not have the same experience as the others that have commented. Initially, I did feel that Dr. Cohen was not very warm upon meeting him the first time. In fact, my son (12) and I kind of laughed when he walked out of the room and said to each other sarcastically, "Well HE'S friendly." (Because he was definitely lacking in greeting skills!) But then when we met with him we got a different feel. He was very knowledgeable, friendly, and encouraging. Should he have taken more history? Definitely. But I felt that we really trusted my judgment and take on my son's symptoms, behaviors, etc. Is he the best doctor I've ever seen? No. But finding a decent child psychiatrist is near impossible so we're sticking with Dr. Cohen.

November 30th, 2011
Awful - for adults and adolescents
That's all I can say. With so many choices out there, why make your life even more miserable? It's your mental health after all.

May 31st, 2011
This doctor needs counseling
There was another person in these ratings whose story paralels mine; degenerative spinal disease, pain control meds and AA. I was made to feel more like I was on trial and presumed guilty than visiting a doctor. I was allowed little to say. He spent ten minutes berating me, telling me everything was my fault and I had to quit all medications immediately. This guy (I hesitate to call him a doctor) is a menace to people who may need medical help. I am afraid if allowed to continue practice that he will drive some poor weak willed person to suicide. He is pedantic, self centered and arrogant. He does not follow the sworn doctors code of ethics and should have his license revoked.

January 6th, 2011
I chatted with Dr. Cohen on the phone before deciding to work with him. Consistent with the other reviews, he was very short, had a tone like I was wasting his time, and after just six minutes of standard questions, he HUNG UP ON ME and told me to see someone else. The question that he refused to answer was what kind of therapy methods do you practice, such as psychoanalysis, etc. I agree with the others, see someone else.