inactive

• Good
  • Bad

April 25th, 2013
Patient
Worst doctor ever. If you need to see a gastroenterologist. Do not pick this one. Arrogant. Tells you what he knows. Only wants to run diagnosis test on you but will not treat you. His nurse "Nell" is rude and argumentative. A know it all also and does not return your phone calls. Save yourself. Do not see this doctor.

April 1st, 2013
Top Shelf
Dr. Toskes is a world renowned physician in his field and is a tremendous researcher. While his area of work (UF Gainesville Shands) does not allow rapid contact, he can be reached and is well worth any time one spends to have his services.

July 19th, 2012
Is not helpful
I thought he was very arrogant and self centered. Did not listen to any of my concerns. Bragged about his book and how much he knows. Told me I did not need any additional testing, and dismissed some of my concerns as malnutrition even though multiple bloodworks have shown my symptoms are not due to malnutrition. Did not listen when I told him the antibiotic he wanted me to take every month makes me extremely sick. Completely forgot to call in one of my prescriptions. When I tried calling it in, he refused to fill it because I requested to see another doctor because I did not like his unhelpful attitude. I had to call multiple times and argue with the nurse to finally get it filled. Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! I would only want to see him if I had something common and easy to treat. If it requires thinking outside the box, do not expect him to help you discover the cause of your condition. I will be going to Mayo for further treatment.

November 17th, 2011
Awesome
My hero, I went to several different doctors before I saw dr toskes, one appointment one procedure and I was pain free for two years after being in pain everyday for years, if you have pancreatitis go to him

May 19th, 2011
discovered my problem after numerous doctors were unsuccessful

October 29th, 2010
An Exceptional Doctor and Institution
Shands is one of two or three places nationwide where tests usually done for research purposes are available for GI patients every day. Many of the tests were pioneered and performed by Dr. Toskes, a great gastroenterologist and an world-famous expert in pancreatitis. Nowadays technicians and nurses taught by him have performed thousands of state-of-the-art procedures and have accumulated a great deal of experience. Thanks to them I was correctly diagnosed and subsequently successfully treated by Dr. Toskes. He works strictly as a gastroenterologist but I was impressed that every Shands specialist I saw demonstrated awareness, deep knowledge, and understanding of GI diseases. Dr. Toskes works as a great educator on doctors rounds. All doctors at Shands represent the perfect example of true teamwork. I live in a large metropolitan area and have been to many leading hospitals and clinics but I have never seen anything like Shands. Shands is the only institution I fully trust. Every year I go to Shands because Dr. Toskes practices medicine there.

March 19th, 2017