Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Very poor rating!! show details Very poor rating!!
Aug 7th, 2013

I would not recommend this Dr. to anyone! He is very nice until you get your surgery. He has no time or patience with you after. They did not bill Medicare for part of the bill, so I now have a collection agency calling me for over two years! I had a restore lens in one eye, ( he did NOT tell me, sometimes better, sometimes NOT) and my eyes are worse than before! His remark was..........."I'm not God." Nice guy huh!!!! The staff seems afraid of this pompous Dr.

Waiting for Cataract Surgery show details Waiting for Cataract Surgery
by FireGal2539 on Aug 6th, 2013

I was not told, when I set up my initial appointment, that it was a 4 hour appointment. I live in Irving and had an appointment at 3:00 p.m. there. My appointment was for 12:30. After being shuttled to many different employees, I finally got to see Dr. Labor at 3:30 p.m. He was informative and didn't tell me what lens was best for me, he advised to go home and read all of the information he gave me and call back with what I wanted done. Unfortunately, when I saw Sabrina at 4:00 p.m. she was pushing the Crystalens for both eyes. $8,500. I don't have that kind of money and I did not want to finance for two years my eye surgery. I am in the process of finding out if I can pay my eye doctor out of my own pocket as I see him, after surgery. That cost is $1,040 for seeing my own eye doctor. My insurance has told me that they will pay for these visits, but Sabrina said they will not. The insurance company said if the doctors will use the right codes the visits will be paid for. I am also thinking of dropping the ORA, which is suppose to help Dr. Labor, while he removes the cataract, that is $700. If I can drop both of those it brings the surgery down to $6,500. I think this is absolutely ridiculous. I will post again after the left eye is done and then after the right eye is done.

I would not recommend this Dr. show details I would not recommend this Dr.
Aug 6th, 2013

I had cataract surgery a year and a half ago. They convinced me crystal pence would be the best way to go when I told them I wanted mono vision. I let me in to the lense which was 7000.00 cash. I then was told my co pay was 5000.00, so I paid that the night before surgery they called and said I was to bring a check for 250.00. I asked them if this was all I owed and everything was pre approved with my insurance. They assured me we were all set to go. After my second surgery I get a call my insurance was declining to pay and I owe another 6000.00. I've had other surgeries and the Dr. Office always found out first if insurance would pay. I would not of had the procedure done if I would of known. I wrote Dr. Labor a letter, no response. Now I'm suffering with scar tissue and its affecting my job. I talked to another person that had similar problem with Dr. Labor. Is there NO integrity any longer!

Hard sell of the expensive lenses. show details Hard sell of the expensive lenses.
by Ann H on May 7th, 2013

Don't be talked into the Crystal lens. I wasted my time and money. Very disappointed. After cataract surgery and lens implants I can't see any better than before. Of course, colors are beautiful! Thats what you will hear. I advise you to get the regular cataract lens put in, your bank account will not suffer. I wish I had gone on a cruise instead of having them put into my eyes. I have floaters that I never had before. He did laser surgery because I had swelling behind the lens. Got some fairy tale about my eyes not being curved right. I am disappointed and poorer. Do Not Go For The Crystal Lenses. I am sure this wil never be posted since I have not found anything but glowing reviews but have spoken to others who are as disappointed as I have been.

Oct 24th, 2012

Dr. Labor is the best!He takes special care of his patients. I was very satisfied with the care he gave me. I am now taking my Husband to him.

DANGEROUS QUACK show details DANGEROUS QUACK
Aug 29th, 2012

Performed cataract surgery on my wife. Couldn't get new lens to line up. Shook her head and banged her head on the table trying to get the lens to line up. Immediately, she suffered a brain hemorrhage and bruising of the optic nerve. Now has head aches, gran mal seizures, memory loss, Parkinsonism (can't walk). Many nurses in operating room ran over to stop him in his fit of rage. No lawyer would take our case due to tort reform, only $83K max to lawyer.Labor got away with assault- no penalty.My wife now sits in a chair unable to perform any tasks whatsoever. Use this quack at your own risk!!!

Dec 28th, 2011

Very bad experience. Would not recommend this doctor. Staff at front desk is very unprofessional.

Jul 9th, 2011

Wow, I can't believe the range of ratings here. From syrupy sweet to disgruntled. OK, I'm a one-eyed Crystalens patient, who hasn't had time to schedule the second surgery. Dr. Labor implanted my lens, and he will do my second surgery. He is a very good surgeon. YES, to the reviewer right below me, it is perfectly legal and quite standard to have to write a $520 check to the optometrist who referred you to Dr. Labor. I hate this practice with the fury of a thousand blazing suns, but there is nothing to do but write the blasted separate check to them. And, no, my optometrist didn't do a fricking thing post-surgery to deserve that fee. You also need to know that in many other ophthalmological practices, the referring optometrist gets a $1000 fee. (How special is that?) Dr. Labor is quite mid-range and reasonable in his pricing of the Crystalens, and I know this because I went to get a cataract evaluation from another surgeon. All ophthalmologist's offices have a "refractive coordinator" or a "refractive counselor" and some are better than others. Take any information about IOL's from Dr. Labor's office staff with two grains of salt instead of two aspirins, and then call them in the morning, after thinking over your options for cataract surgery. Do your own Crystalens research -- it will pay off for you handsomely. Talk to neighbors, talk to friends. I found that 3/4 of cataract patients don't even know what lens they have, but a few do, and there's where you'll get decent information. Also, please remember that the Eye Consultants of Texas is a Crystalens Center of Excellence, which is what you want if you are even considering this lens. Dr. Labor has years of experience with this lens, and wants you to have a good outcome. As far as the communication from the office and the doctor, sometimes it seems that my concerns over the phone aren't answered right away. It may appear to be somewhat disorganized at times, but eventually, every time there is an important need for information to be filtered up to Dr. Labor, it happens. Maybe not as quickly as I'd like, but he follows up. So I don't have any complaints there. As far as wait time, I was there as a patient on a very stressful day for their office recently. I actually had a marathon day of 4 hours there, but that is unusual. Unfortunately, all doctors' offices are going to have days like these occasionally, but I haven't found Dr. Labor's office any slower than any other ophthalmologist's office, where a total time of 2.5 hours seems to be the norm. In closing, whether you're going to have Lasik, PRK, or cataract surgery, do go for a second opinion, and make sure that Dr. Labor or his staff knows that you did. This is a highly competitive, serious business, and if they know you are checking out other clinics in your area, I think they'll treat you well. As they say in the airlines, "We know you have a choice when you fly, and we appreciate your choosing us."

Good surgeon - Very poor physician. show details Good surgeon - Very poor physician.
Jul 7th, 2011

My surgery went well. I had a lot of reactions with the eye solutions following surgery which Dr. Labor wanted nothing to do with. He does the surgery, collects your money, and does not want you taking his time with anything else. He will give you all of the attention required to get your business but loses his cool if you have issues following surgery. Dr. Labor uses office staff to mislead patients in their decision on the choice of lens to correct their cataracts; "you don't want cheap window glass in your eyes, do you? You want to have the best premium lens." This of course is crystalens. At the time I signed up to have cataract surgery I was forced to pay the opthomologist who recommended Dr. Labor $520.00 for a year's worth of follow up. Is this legal?

Jun 29th, 2011

Great Doctor and impressive staff! I needed cataract surgery and called to schedule an appt to see Dr. Labor. They prepared me by telling me the visit was to be extensive testing, dilation, exam and time to talk with Sabrina about lenses. So I was prepared. I wasnt excited about the weight, but if I want great results for my eyesight, the time spent testing is imparative.Sabrina and Dr. Labor explained about the lens choices; what was covered and what was not covered. They shared a payment option that worked out perfectly as I am retired! Sabrina was shopping at walmart when she called on a Sunday afternoon to check on me and to see if I had any questions or if my family had questions about the procedure and or lenses. I truely thought that was marvelous.After my surgery, I went home to rest and Dr. Labor called to check on me! When I missed an appt, the office called to check on me and rescheduled it. How patient they are! I had the crystal lens in March and can see wonderfully! I use to have depth perception issues (trifocals) but no longer have this! I finally can see steps, curbs and the ground!I can't express how appreciative I am that I can finally see without glasses. I have waited a lifetime, literally, to see. Thank you Dr. Labor!

Choose another show details Choose another
Jun 22nd, 2011

Dr. Labor is a very good surgeon. However, the office staff leaves a lot to be desired... Expect to spend1 to 2 hours waiting to see the Dr. (after a scheduled appt time). Overall experience for office visits is very bad. Multiple issues with staff, scheduling, and even Dr. Labor. I asked him a question regarding my eyedrops and got no response... as he started to leave the exam room, I told him I expected an answer and he got very defensive and condescending. I WILL NOT GO BACK TO THIS DR. OR THE CLINIC!

I can see! show details I can see!
Apr 27th, 2011

Dr. Labor performed my lasik recently, and I can see perfectly! Sabrina helped me through everything from my apprehensions to actually being in surgery with me explaining everything that was going on. Dr. Labor was very caring which helped because I was scared to death! I came in to my next day appointment seeing 20/20 after wearing high prescription contacts for years. His office is beautiful, too. I felt like I was in someone's home, not a doctor's office.

Aug 15th, 2010

The wait time in the office is a bit long because he is apparently in demand and very busy; HOWEVER, for me, the wait was well worth it. Dr. Labor helped me with problems stemming from a recurrent corneal abrasion and subsequently he performed LASIK - which was a complete success.... Excellent doctor- wonderful staff- worth waiting for...

Perfect Results! show details Perfect Results!
by Jeff Wylie on Dec 22nd, 2009

Dr. Labor:I wanted to let you know how pleased I am with my Lasik surgery. After 40 years of glasses and contacts I can see like an eagle!! Your staff was awesome.

by An elated patient on Nov 15th, 2009

My experience was an above average visit. My doctor highly recommended Dr. Labor. I had cataracts. Dr. Labor talked to me about what that meant and all of the choices available to me. Then I met with Sabrina and she informed me of the lens choices and what insurance would pay for and what it would not pay for. The office did not throw a medical determination at me and left me to figure it all out. They took me by the hand and educated me about the seriousness of cataracts and the choices that might work best for me. How many times has one gone to a doctor to leave feeling that the office staff and doctor really cared less if I were there or not. I am so proud of my doctor and the caring staff! I cannot wait to have my surgery!

Insurance issues show details Insurance issues
Jul 28th, 2009

*staff was slow to folow up with insurance carrier on their issue*Dr pushed product only partially covered by insurance*Dr did not make patient aware that the facilities and asscociated serviced used for the procedure would not accept insurance as full payment

Jerk... show details Jerk...
by Concerned Patient on Jul 23rd, 2009

Witnessed THE DOCTOR throwing a temper tantrum. I feel very sorry for his staff. He is a self-centered unorganized Doctor. Based off of my experience I would go back to his office anyday, but never to see him. I do NOT recommend this jerk.