Dr. Phyllis Toon MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 4th, 2016
Compassionate and skilled
Dr Toon gave generously of her time to explain and discuss my concerns - time than any gyn that I have gone to,

July 15th, 2016
Dr Toon has been my physician for 28 years......she's the best!!!! My only complaint is the "wait time".....no patient should have to wait an hour or longer after a scheduled appt unless the Dr has a medical emergency !

February 19th, 2015
So thankful to have found Dr. Toon. She immediately put me at ease and spent a great deal of time getting to know my history, which is extensive. I feel like I am in good hands!

February 20th, 2014
Outstanding doctor
She always takes the time to listen to you and make you feel comfortable. Very personable. Office staff is efficient and friendly. I like her so much that I referred my mother to her. My mom is now a patent and loves Dr.Toon too!

November 7th, 2013
Why is she practicing medicine?
I am amazed to read anything positive about this doctor. I suspect that the patients who have had a positive experience are naïve or will accept abuse from a doctor with no problem. I totally concur with the patient who wrote the last review. This woman is off the mark. Rude, abrupt, angry, abrasive and honestly belongs behind a desk in a back office somewhere. There are tons of wonderful OB/GYNs in the area and in all honesty, I'm well connected to the medical community and at least 3 physicians told me to stay away from her. I sure have.

July 18th, 2013
Horrible Doctor
I went to this doctor twice and the first time I figured perhaps she was just having a bad day. She was rude, abrupt and plain nasty. I was appalled at her handling of me as a patient and as a fellow female. She screamed at the nurse to the point of where I wondered how she keeps any staff. Her staff are very nice though and I feel bad for them. She also gave me a bizarre diagnosis for a problem and I went t to see another gynecologist who is fabulous, compassionate and caring. He diagnosed what I suspected was wrong with me and I didn't tell him beforehand what I suspected was wrong. She seems so angry and looks it too. BTW, I'm a healthcare clinician so I happen to be a great judge of character and skill in the medical field.

November 1st, 2012
Excellent Dr.
I was referred years ago by a friend and Dr. Toon has taken exceptional care of me since. The Dr. is very personable and concerned for me as a patient. I feel like she actually knows me and what is going on with me, she can relate as a woman.

September 29th, 2012
Will NEVER return!!
Entire staff was rude with the exception of 1 medical assistant. Wait time was horribly long. They FORCE you to sign documents stating that you authorize them to charge any fees to a credit card you MUST put on file - EVEN if their billing service incorrectly bills!! Dr Toon was "ok". I would not recommend this office nor will I ever go back.

September 25th, 2012
Caring Doctor and staff
Dr. Toon actually sat down and talked to me for 30 to 45 minutes trying to figure out the best course of action for my unusual circumstances.She is also open to listen to your ideas and if she disagrees, she will explain why.These are all unusual actions for a doctor, at least in my experience, and I have a seen a lot of doctors trying to figure out what is wrong with me.We have known her for about 19 years and she has always been this way.

September 2nd, 2011
I wouldn't go anywhere else
Dr. Toon is an awesome, caring, compassionate doctor. I have been going to her for 15 years. She has delivered two of my babies. I trust her advice and her complete evaluation during exams. Her nurse and office staff are also very professional and friendly.

July 30th, 2011
Ellen
i have been a patient for years. The office and dr. Toon have always been professional and helpful. When you call for an appointment you actually get a person who answers the phone and not an answering machine. Dr toon always reviews my records before seeing me and she spends more than enough time with me. I have never felt rushed. She is also caring , kind and has a great sense of humor. My two daughters come home every year just to see her.She is the best.

December 3rd, 2010
Impersonal, and Clearly Does Not Care...
I scheduled a biopsy with Dr. Toon, not knowing what to expect going in. The day of the visit, Dr. Toon did not greet me, did not tell me what was going to happen in the procedure, and did not make me feel comfortable. It was an awful experience. After, Dr. Toon did not ask me if I was alright or gave me any follow up. She just walked out of the room. Two weeks after waiting for results, Dr. Toon had her assistant call me to ask me to sign off for a second doctor's opinion, which would come in 1-2 weeks later. After two weeks more had passed, I called to follow up THREE TIMES, and never heard back. For the particular diagnosis I have, every second matters. Not only is Dr. Toon impersonal, but she clearly does not care about her patients if she won't return phone calls or follow up on a late diagnosis that is potentially life threatening.