Dr. Phyllis Toon Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Phyllis Toon?

Just go somewhere else

Posted on September 28th, 2017

The last time I used this doctor the staff was ok, but the Dr. was kind of distracted. I paid my deductible while I was there and then they charged my credit card more money after I left. No reason. I tried to have an annual exam this year. The office was empty. The women working there were borderline rude and seemed annoyed that I questioned their right to just charge my credit card for whatever they wanted up to $300. Their paperwork is all about how they can charge your card if the insurance doesn't pay their bill and that the doctor does not carry insurance so you can't sue them for mistakes. I felt like this place now was all about the money and zero about the paying customer/patient. Plenty of other doctors out there who take my great insurance plans.

Not a good experience

Posted on February 17th, 2017

I was seeing other doctor in Dr. Toon's office; however, after her departure I decided just to see Dr. Toon. Saw Dr. Toon twice and both times I left feeling like I had been put through the ringer for no good reason; my visit was for a common annual exam. I had gone over my history with Dr. Toon yet she would then ask things that we had just discussed. I felt like she kept looking for things to be wrong when I went in for a simple annual pap and breast exam. I never had problems with my periods (despite non-symptomatic fibroids), yet Dr. Toon kept speaking of excessive bleeding; something needing her monitoring. From pimple to sunscreen....I felt like I was under a microscope for no real reason. I came in for a common annual exam, but she made me feel like I had serious issues which made me quite upset (f.y.i. all labs came back okay). I will never go back.

Posted on December 13th, 2016

Dr. Toon is the best person and Doctor!!!!

Compassionate and skilled

Posted on November 4th, 2016

Dr Toon gave generously of her time to explain and discuss my concerns - time than any gyn that I have gone to,

Posted on July 15th, 2016

Dr Toon has been my physician for 28 years......she's the best!!!! My only complaint is the "wait time".....no patient should have to wait an hour or longer after a scheduled appt unless the Dr has a medical emergency !

Posted on February 19th, 2015

So thankful to have found Dr. Toon. She immediately put me at ease and spent a great deal of time getting to know my history, which is extensive. I feel like I am in good hands!

Outstanding doctor

Posted on February 21st, 2014

She always takes the time to listen to you and make you feel comfortable. Very personable. Office staff is efficient and friendly. I like her so much that I referred my mother to her. My mom is now a patent and loves Dr.Toon too!

Why is she practicing medicine?

Posted on November 7th, 2013

I am amazed to read anything positive about this doctor. I suspect that the patients who have had a positive experience are naïve or will accept abuse from a doctor with no problem. I totally concur with the patient who wrote the last review. This woman is off the mark. Rude, abrupt, angry, abrasive and honestly belongs behind a desk in a back office somewhere. There are tons of wonderful OB/GYNs in the area and in all honesty, I'm well connected to the medical community and at least 3 physicians told me to stay away from her. I sure have.

Horrible Doctor

Posted on July 18th, 2013

I went to this doctor twice and the first time I figured perhaps she was just having a bad day. She was rude, abrupt and plain nasty. I was appalled at her handling of me as a patient and as a fellow female. She screamed at the nurse to the point of where I wondered how she keeps any staff. Her staff are very nice though and I feel bad for them. She also gave me a bizarre diagnosis for a problem and I went t to see another gynecologist who is fabulous, compassionate and caring. He diagnosed what I suspected was wrong with me and I didn't tell him beforehand what I suspected was wrong. She seems so angry and looks it too. BTW, I'm a healthcare clinician so I happen to be a great judge of character and skill in the medical field.

Excellent Dr.

Posted on November 1st, 2012

I was referred years ago by a friend and Dr. Toon has taken exceptional care of me since. The Dr. is very personable and concerned for me as a patient. I feel like she actually knows me and what is going on with me, she can relate as a woman.

Will NEVER return!!

Posted on September 29th, 2012

Entire staff was rude with the exception of 1 medical assistant. Wait time was horribly long. They FORCE you to sign documents stating that you authorize them to charge any fees to a credit card you MUST put on file - EVEN if their billing service incorrectly bills!! Dr Toon was "ok". I would not recommend this office nor will I ever go back.

Caring Doctor and staff

Posted on September 25th, 2012

Dr. Toon actually sat down and talked to me for 30 to 45 minutes trying to figure out the best course of action for my unusual circumstances.She is also open to listen to your ideas and if she disagrees, she will explain why.These are all unusual actions for a doctor, at least in my experience, and I have a seen a lot of doctors trying to figure out what is wrong with me.We have known her for about 19 years and she has always been this way.