Dr. Phyllis Wallo MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 29th, 2017
Finally a Doctor That Listens
We have had numerous doctors for our son over the past 7 years and Dr. Wallo is better than them all. She takes the time to listen to our concerns as well as listening to our son's concerns. She treats him like a person instead of a paycheck and speaks directly to him. All of the other doctors that we have seen didn't care to hear what our son had to say because he was "the child". Dr. Wallo is willing to change any medicine that we aren't happy with and is not quick to describe medicine without digging deeper into the underlying issues.

March 15th, 2015
have severe anxiety, ptsd, phobia, and sleep disorder
I'm about to schedule an appointment with her Monday bc she was referred to me by another doctor. I have seen MANY that have misdiagnosed me and put me on many meds that never worked or caused my issues to become worse. My last Dr put me on Kpins 2mg twice a day and worked wonderful. I had no more nightmares, panic attacks, and was able to sleep but he was so expensive. Is she a dr that doesn't write norcatics? Bc I knoow what meds work for me and do not want to waist my money!!!

February 11th, 2015
RUDE and UNCOMPASSIONATE
RUN away don't walk! Research her b4 an appointment

July 29th, 2014
She didn't spend enough time with me in order to diagnose me with such a severe disorder. Like the other poster said, she does insult when her diagnosis is questioned. I did not feel comfortable with her and won't be returning. Looks nutty as well. Would not recommend.

August 16th, 2013
Run ,don't walk away
Dr. Wallo clearly has her own psychiatric issues. she does not care to listen, is highly judgmental is almost insulting if you dare to question anything of her snap diagnosis made within minutes of meeting you. I recommend that she get therapy. She is clearly interested in money. If you are medicaid she thinks nothing of canceling appointments and thus her patients will not get their scrips and may be out of meds for a week. She clearly is not very caring.

March 19th, 2013
Dr Wallo is money motivated and blames patients issues on the patient. Being her patient will caused more mental breakdowns.

March 5th, 2012
she has spend many years as a patient herself in a mental hospital. I wouldn't want her to treat me since she has her own mental problems.

December 19th, 2011
Compassionate and Professional PDOC
I don't know who gave Dr. Wallo such poor ratings but after going to several psychiatrists (and there aren't many in NOLA area) - I found her to be the most empathetic and professional. I believe she accurately diagnosed me where others had not. The only drawback - she doesn't take insurance, which makes it hard to see her financially.

July 25th, 2017