Dr. Pierce Ferriter MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

November 23rd, 2016
Pierce Ferriter, M.D. (Authorization No. 145930-4B) Please be advised that the Workers' Compensation Board has temporarily suspended Pierce Ferriter, M.D.'s authorization to treat injured workers and to perform independent medical examinations in the New York State workers' compensation system effective September 27, 2012. Dr. Ferriter is prohibited from rendering treatment and care to injured workers and from performing independent medical examinations. Reports submitted by Dr. Ferriter for services rendered prior to September 27, 2012, are valid, but are invalid for any services rendered on or after that date. Requests to cross-examine Dr. Ferriter for services rendered prior to September 27, 2012, should not be denied due to the temporary suspension. **This says it all about what kind of doctor you are dealing with*

September 12th, 2016
Worse Doctor!
Worse Doctor period. Doesn't know what he's doing. Had his license revoked. Just recently got it reinstated.

October 18th, 2012
The BEST
Dr. Ferriter is the absolute best doctor I've ever been to. He is caring, courteous, attentive, friendly, and level. Something I found very interesting - there are no nurses or physician's assistants in his office. Is that not amazing?? The doctor himself does everything. You're never talking to or being seen by a #2. Dr. Ferriter goes above and beyond for every one of his patients and spends as much time as they need with them - not as much time as HE needs, but as much time as the PATIENT needs. He has never failed to help me. Not only by helping fix whatever problem I was having, but also by helping me understand the problem I was having. He takes the time to understand you and the time to make sure you understand him. As for the office manager... So, she's not the cuddliest person ever. But she is professional and consistent. Her job is to be efficient, not chatty. And seriously?? A previous reviewer is complaining for not being able to see the doctor without paying? Can you go to the grocery store and say, "oh sorry, I forgot my wallet. But I'll mail you the money for my groceries I promise." I don't think so. Stop being ridiculous. And I've noticed, if you're nice to her she's nice to you. Anyway, I have never had a bad experience with Dr. Ferriter or his office manager. I cannot recommend him enough. He is the most genuine doctor I have ever seen. I trust him and I have confidence in him.

October 17th, 2012
EXCELLENT DOCTOR!
I WAS REFERRED TO DR. FERRITER FOR A SHOULDER INJURY. I FOUND HIM TO BE VERY PROFESSIONAL, ATTENTIVE AND KNOWLEDGEABLE. I WAS VERY HESITANT TO ALLOW ANY DOCTOR TO GIVE ME A JOINT INJECTION, BUT DR. FERRITER EASED MY FEARS AND I WAS ABLE TO HAVE THE INJECTION WHICH GREATLY DECREASED THE PAIN I WAS EXPERIENCING. KNOWING I WAS APPREHENSIVE ABOUT THE INJECTION, THE DOCTOR'S WIFE/OFFICE MANAGER EVEN CAME INTO THE ROOM AND HELD MY HAND DURING THE PROCEDURE. OVERALL I WOULD RECOMMEND DR. FERRITER 100%!!

December 22nd, 2011
Doctors Wife-avoid at all costs!!!
I am shocked to see the same complaints about the front desk (Dr.'s wife) from few years ago. I couldn't even get to the doctor, because his wife was so RUDE and not able to figure out the insurance situation and schedule the appointment. I have never experienced anything like that and she actually made me cry out of frustration!Ditto for me..rude rude rude and when I told her I would mail in the $35 dollar copay..she said that she REFUSED to allow me in,broken knee and all until I paid her...omg!Poor doctor Ferreter to live with that....

October 5th, 2011
Front Desk

January 4th, 2011
In my opinion, Mrs. Ferriter Should NOT be assisting in the office. She was rude on the telephone as well as in person. Her body language and demeanor shouted, "I do not want to be here!" The experience would have been moderate at best if she was not involved! As it utrned out, ,my Insurance not totally accepted by center -- a question I had asked when scheduling thee appointment. If I had not called the answering service, who knows when I would have heard back from the doctor.

November 10th, 2009
Patient
I know Dr. Ferriter since 1991. Dr. Pierce J. Ferriter is second to none! Dr. Ferriter operated on my spine in 2002. Spinal fusion @ the L-4_L5_S1 levels. Perfect outcome is an understatement. Dr. Ferriter's bedside manner is second to none. He calls you constantly to follow-up. He keeps his word. He is Honest and loyal to his patients. If you ever have the opportunity to have Dr. Ferriter as your doctor, consider yourself to be one of the more fortunate people. A man with the highest integrity and honor. Dr. Ferriter is the best spinal surgeon in the world. Dr. Ferriter gave me back the quality of life I had when I was a teenager. Occasionally I would injur myself playing sports, I would call Dr. Ferriter and he would personally meet me in the hospital order x-rays and review them with me on the spot. When my child was injured, I would call him and was there for me and would say meet me in the E. R. and I will take care of it. Dr. Ferriter is always available. He lives for his patients. I can not say enough about this consumate professional. I have been blessed with Dr. Ferriter as well as several of my family and friends that are also under the care of Dr. Ferriter. THANK YOU TO DR. PIERCE J. FERRITER.

September 20th, 2009
Exceptional Surgeon
How can you rate a doctor by only being critical of the front desk staff? They take abuse all day. But it is the doctor who does the actual work on the patient and surgeons are usually brusk. But not Dr. Ferriter. He really cares and returns calls to the involved family as promised. Who are you rating a secretary or a surgeon who is very talented?

May 27th, 2009
Worst experience I've ever had at a doctor's office
Dr. Ferriter's front desk manager is the rudest person I've come across at a doctor's office. She is inconsiderate, has an attitude that's apparent right away and can't be bothered to help you. After my visit I had to have my report and films sent over numerous times and this same front desk woman said she never got them and that I should have used "their" preferred facility for my MRI vs. the one that was best for me. I had to call for over a month to keep asking if they received my paperwork and was rudely dismissed each time. No follow on their part either. Nothing like waiting to know if you are healthy or not. A month and a half went by and I still could not get my results because they kept saying they didnt' receive my report and films. They finally got my report, but won't even look at it until they get your films. The office policy mandates you come in to have your film results read to you vs. being able to call for your results which is ridiculuous. I explained that I am on bed rest due to a pregnancy isssue and this same front desk woman did not care at all and mandated I come in or they would not share results and that was their policy. She snapped at me and couldn't be bothered. I finally told her how rude she was and proceeded to call my GP (who referred me) with the complaint. My GP office kindly said I can easliy have my info sent to them and they'd gladly review report and films and give me my results via phone. Somehow my GP got the films right away?!!? Ferriter's front desk woman had no consideration! I would NEVER go to this doctor again. Life is too short for the aggravation when there are plenty of doctors who actually take their patients into consideration.