Dr. Pilar Bescos MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

May 4th, 2015
Excellent doctor to me for more than 15 years. Highly recommend.

April 2nd, 2015
Bad staff and lengthy referral process
Dr. Bescos has awesome bedside manners. She serms sweet and caring. However, two complaints: (1) Her staff is entirely unprofessional. One nurse walked into the waiting room to tell me all the office drama, that she hates the doctor, she is terrible, lazy, etc., she is quitting and is underpaid, and the doctor recently had two patients walk out in her. (Keep in mind I don't know the nurse.) (2) Worse than that, it took TWO weeks to get a referral. The nurse kept referring me to an out-of-network specialist, even after I said NO, presumably for referral fees. And I had to call the nurse TWENTY times. The original place to which they were referring me were sketchy and said they can change their billing to be "in network." As a lawyer, I know that isn't how things work. I am so LEAVING! I will not wait two weeks ever again, especially on a serious issue.

March 11th, 2015
Great doctor, great staff!
Dr Bescos has been our family doctor for 7 years. She and her staff always take time to learn what's going on, allow me to ask questions and answer them. My favorite thing is that I feel comfortable talking with her and saying whatever is on my mind. Some doctors make you feel like you're annoying them by wanting to understand your health. You will not have that experience here.

February 9th, 2015
Dr. Bescos
Dr. Bescos is thorough, knowledgeable, and compassionate. I have a patent for over 10 years now.

February 7th, 2015
Dr. Bescos provides excellent care. New office is beautiful. Easy, free parking. ABSOLUTELY would recommend!!!

February 2nd, 2015
My favorite doctor my me and my children, hands down.

April 15th, 2014
Rude nurse!
Abellio is the nurses name (spelling). She takes things in her own hands and is an awful evil person. Mouths off about patients behind their backs. I heard her mouth off about me. Excuse me for getting ill! She needs to be fired. Just an awful and nasty person. How do the others work with this person? I like Dr. Bescos, but am finding another doctor due to this.

September 26th, 2012
Well, Like most of you here , I do not have any thing good to say about her nurses. They are not helpful in general. I hope someone will take a serious look into this issue and resolve. The unprofessionalism is not acceptable. Due to the reason mentioned , I am not able to rate the doctor any better.

June 18th, 2012
Front Office Visit
I love Dr. Bescos. She is very caring, concerned and I trust her diagnoses. Her front office staff is where I have concerns. I have been going to Dr. Bescos for years, but I have noticed a changed within the last two years. The front desk is rude and unprofessional and I have been more vocal about it this year in speaking with the Office Manager. Unfortunately, I have to go thru them in order to get to the doctor. I do not like the idea of being apprehensive or have anxiety over who is going to be at the front desk and what are they going to do this time. What papers are they going to ask me to sign and later tell me that they already have them; how long are they going to have me wait at the window before they say hello or acknowledge me in anyway; what id's are they going to have me pull out and then say "that's alright, we already have them". To me, check my records before you ask me to duplicate anything -its all in the system. Plus, this is an inconvenience to me. Just had an appt this week and again the same treatment. I have called several times for the Office Manager and she has yet to return my call. I want to be treated fairly and with respect and for some reason, I am no longer getting it with this staff. As much as I love Dr. Bescos, the front office "service" towards me is not what I am willing to tolerate. It's only because of her front office staff, that I am unable to give her the highest rating.

July 26th, 2011
I spent more time with Dr. Bescos' physician's assistant because I was always able to get an appointment with her and I didn't have to wait an hour to be seen for my "appointment".

March 17th, 2011
Great doctor, terrible office staff
Been a patient of Dr. Bescos for years and don't know why I haven't fired her until just now. While she's a delightful person and a very comptent doctor, her office personnel are rude, impatient, don't care how long you wait past your appointment and really couldn't give a crap whether you live or die waiting for their incomptent selves to address your needs.

February 19th, 2011
excellent doctor
I have been to many doctors in my life time, Dr. Bescos is the best! She saw me promptly, took care of my problems with excellent bedside manners! I hope she never retires.