Cardiologist, Nuclear Medicine

345 Saxony Rd
Ste 202
Encinitas, CA 92024
760-652-9768
Locations and availability (1)

|  Patient  |  show details
by Robert Landes on Jul 1st, 2014

After 2 open heart surgeries before my 56th B Day, I've seen more than a few cardiologists. Unlike many of his peers, Dr. Du is attentive, a good listener, compassionate & the most thorough, persistent diagnostician I've met. I would highly recommend him to family & friends

|  Heart Valve problem  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2013

In 2009 I was hospitalized with an irregular heartbeat ( Afib ) . I was assigned to Dr. Du and in the course of about 9 months of medication and testing, it was determined I had a very leaky valve and I would need to have a valve repaired/replaced. Throughout this process Dr. Du was very professional and helpful. He even recommended and put me in contact with Dr. Shemin at UCLA who specialized in robotic valve repair/replacement surgery. Dr. Du felt that, due to my relatively younger age (53) I should try to get the least invasive procedure with the most chance of success. In December of 2010 I had the procedure done at UCLA by Dr. Shemin. Thankfully he was able to repair my valve and I made a full recovery in the months following. Thank you Dr. Du for your dedication and putting the patient ahead of any affiliation ( i.e. Scripps ) for my procedure.

|  Knowledgeable, flexible and gentle, easy to talk to  |  show details
by Esther D. on Oct 9th, 2013

Dr Du treated my father, 94, and my mother, 97. He was most concerned and careful with their care. I was impressed that he opted for keeping my Dad on aspirin, rather than a drug with serious side effects. When I needed help for occasional fibrillation, Dr. Du was careful with his conclusions, and after monitoring and a nuclear stress test, we made a plan that I would change some habits (caffeine, alcohol), use a beta blocker with a fibrillating event, and come in for further care if it did not subside. He was not at all offended or defensive when I questioned him, and was willing to treat us conservatively, rather than loading us with drugs.

|  Excellant physician  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2013

Knowledgeable and compassionate. I have received optimum care from Dr. Du. I am qualified to evaluate as I am a physician.

|  Unwillingness to test further - misdiagnosis  |  show details
by Get a Second Opinion on Sep 1st, 2009

Dr. Du diagnosed me with congestive heart failure after 1 Echocardiogram performed by a technician. I was a young man and active in endurance events. He claimed my ejection fraction was below 50% and was unwilling to perform any further tests at the time in spite of lack of corroborating evidence. He agreed to perform further testing after 3 months of me taking beta blockers and ace inhibitors. Instead, I went for a second opinion, was seen 4 times, received a 3D echocardiogram, a stress test and checkup. Conclusion was my heart's ejection fraction was approximately 75% and healthly. Both records were sent to Department of Consumer Affairs. It was investigated but no action was taken. If I was 50 or 60 years old at the time, I'd probably be taking beta blockers and ace inhibitors right now thinking I was slowing dying and Dr. Du would have a patient for the rest of his career.