Cardiologist, Nuclear Medicine

Excellent bedside manner show details Excellent bedside manner
Oct 8th, 2014

Dr. Du and his staff truly care about their patients. In a society where 10 minute doctor appointments are the norm, it is refreshing to actually be able to spend quality time with the physician. Highly recommend.

Great Cardiologist show details Great Cardiologist
by Lola Murphy on Aug 14th, 2014

He is one of the most caring and thorough doctors I have met. He leaves no stone unturned in getting an accurate diagnosis. I would not go to anyone else and I can't recommend him highly enough.

Patient show details Patient
by Robert Landes on Jul 1st, 2014

After 2 open heart surgeries before my 56th B Day, I've seen more than a few cardiologists. Unlike many of his peers, Dr. Du is attentive, a good listener, compassionate & the most thorough, persistent diagnostician I've met. I would highly recommend him to family & friends

Heart Valve problem show details Heart Valve problem
Oct 9th, 2013

In 2009 I was hospitalized with an irregular heartbeat ( Afib ) . I was assigned to Dr. Du and in the course of about 9 months of medication and testing, it was determined I had a very leaky valve and I would need to have a valve repaired/replaced. Throughout this process Dr. Du was very professional and helpful. He even recommended and put me in contact with Dr. Shemin at UCLA who specialized in robotic valve repair/replacement surgery. Dr. Du felt that, due to my relatively younger age (53) I should try to get the least invasive procedure with the most chance of success. In December of 2010 I had the procedure done at UCLA by Dr. Shemin. Thankfully he was able to repair my valve and I made a full recovery in the months following. Thank you Dr. Du for your dedication and putting the patient ahead of any affiliation ( i.e. Scripps ) for my procedure.

Knowledgeable, flexible and gentle, easy to talk to show details Knowledgeable, flexible and gentle, easy to talk to
by Esther D. on Oct 9th, 2013

Dr Du treated my father, 94, and my mother, 97. He was most concerned and careful with their care. I was impressed that he opted for keeping my Dad on aspirin, rather than a drug with serious side effects. When I needed help for occasional fibrillation, Dr. Du was careful with his conclusions, and after monitoring and a nuclear stress test, we made a plan that I would change some habits (caffeine, alcohol), use a beta blocker with a fibrillating event, and come in for further care if it did not subside. He was not at all offended or defensive when I questioned him, and was willing to treat us conservatively, rather than loading us with drugs.

Excellant physician show details Excellant physician
Aug 1st, 2013

Knowledgeable and compassionate. I have received optimum care from Dr. Du. I am qualified to evaluate as I am a physician.

Unwillingness to test further - misdiagnosis show details Unwillingness to test further - misdiagnosis
by Get a Second Opinion on Sep 1st, 2009

Dr. Du diagnosed me with congestive heart failure after 1 Echocardiogram performed by a technician. I was a young man and active in endurance events. He claimed my ejection fraction was below 50% and was unwilling to perform any further tests at the time in spite of lack of corroborating evidence. He agreed to perform further testing after 3 months of me taking beta blockers and ace inhibitors. Instead, I went for a second opinion, was seen 4 times, received a 3D echocardiogram, a stress test and checkup. Conclusion was my heart's ejection fraction was approximately 75% and healthly. Both records were sent to Department of Consumer Affairs. It was investigated but no action was taken. If I was 50 or 60 years old at the time, I'd probably be taking beta blockers and ace inhibitors right now thinking I was slowing dying and Dr. Du would have a patient for the rest of his career.