A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Piyush Kumar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Piyush Kumar is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Piyush Kumar, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Gastroenterology Internal Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Kumar graduated from University Of Zambia, Lusaka.
Dr. Kumar has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
- UC San Diego Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kumar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 92 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Anthem Blue Cross - 14 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans