Dr. Plamen Penev Is this you?

Dissatisfied

2 Ratings with 1 Comment

March 1st, 2012

Ok

Dr Penev was my last resort. He truly is a nice enough guy. I felt I needed to make the long almost 2 hour drive to Chicago to see an endo, and the receptionist gave me to him instead of the doctors I wanted to see (they said he was just as good, and the others needed a referral). So I tried him. I have seen him 4 times, and each time he said to try weight watchers, and get bypass surgery, instead of dealing with the actual problems, diabetes and hypothyroidism. While in the office with you, he seems to care, but always seems to be in a hurry to get you out of the door, and always sets appointments a year apart. Your numbers are normal, then you are fine. Doesn't matter how you feel. That is his attitude. He returned a phone call once, over the past year and a half, but otherwise, just doesn't have the time to return calls, no matter how serious the reason for the call.I have since found another doctor, with a much better reputation, and is about half the distance.

July 8th, 2015