Dr. Pokala Kiran MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 14th, 2016
Excellent
I saw Dr Kiran for a very complicated condition that few other doctors were able to help me with. One of the patients in my Crohn's disease group recommended him to me. I found Dr Kiran to be very kind, detailed and thorough. His office staff is excellent. He is a very skilled surgeon and undertook my operation well. He was one of the busiest surgeons at the Cleveland Clinic before he was brought t New York and his skill shows in the results.

October 2nd, 2015
Fantastic Dr. explains every thing so you understand. Discusses plan of treatment, what to do first, and how to proceed. Excellent

May 5th, 2014
Amazing!!!!
I cannot express how wonderful Dr Kiran is. I will never forget the first time I met him, I had just found out that my colon would have to be removed. I was very sick and had suffered for 8 years with Ulcerative Colitis that never went into remission. I was an emotional mess. I met with Dr Kiran and at first it was a normal consult about the surgical process and what to expect. He took time to talk to talk to me. He eventually had to leave to attend his next patient and I was to meet with a nurse to discuss the ileostomy etc. As he was leaving I broke down into tears. As I was finishing up with the nurse he actually came back to see me again. He knew I was upset/scared and took the time to come back to make sure all my concerns were discussed. It was at this moment I knew I had met the right surgeon for me. He dealt with my anxiety so well. As time went on he actually learned not to tell me any statistics and learned not to answer some of my questions because he knew it would just make me anxious and it did not pertain to my situation LOL. He would say to my husband "You know why Im not answering this, she is trying to get more out of me" and they would laugh. He was absolutely right! He went out of his way to make sure I was okay and if it didn't have to do with my situation then there was no reason to worry me. I had 2 planned surgeries and they went very well. When I was home I was able to call and hear back from him within the same day or at least 48 hours. My 3rd surgery was unplanned. I was at the hospital for almost a week (he was away for something work related and not at the hospital when I arrived) before the staff realized something was really wrong and it wasn't a blockage. In fact it was later found that my intestine had twisted and eventually perforated. As soon as this was discovered Dr Kiran flew back to Cleveland immediately to perform surgery. He saved my life :) He is very involved in your care and watches everything very closely. He really cares about his patients. At the end of my 5 weeks stay he had to leave. I was so nervous because I was still not feeling well, but he assured me he would check in on me. He did what he said. I was released at the end of that week and that following Monday when he returned to Cleveland he called my home to check on me. Very rare for a doctor let alone a surgeon. I have horrible anxiety and he has an amazing bedside manner. When he was about to leave Cleveland Clinic I found out during one of my other procedures I had done by my pouch specialist. He was not able to communicate his leaving due to hospital policy until it was publicly announced. As soon as he could he called me at my home to tell me he was leaving and going to NY and that he would miss me. I actually cried as I spoke to him and couldn't thank him enough. He was like a part of my family. Helped me during one of the scariest times of my life. I would highly recommend him to anyone. I would give him more than 5 stars if I could!!!