Dr. Poonam Somai Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Poonam Somai?

October 8th, 2016

Terrible Provider-Waste of Time

Dr. Somai stood in the doorway of the exam room and looked like she was in a hurry and this was an initial visit! She came in the exam room for a minute to check my fingers and that was about it. Let's just say she missed the boat on my diagnosis and I had to see another rheumatologist to get to the bottom of my issues. Don't waste your time or $$$

July 1st, 2016

No bedside manner

Dr.Somai sat on the bench part of the table, typed on her laptop, squeezed my wrists to check for inflammation, then prescribed several medications and left the room. She doesn't spend quality time with her patients and she brushes off serious pain. She's rude and keeps patients waiting. Time to seek a new doctor!

May 15th, 2016

Dr. Somai is extremely thorough and has done more for me than my last rheumatologist who ignored my symptoms wanting me to see a psychiatrist because I wasn't "handling my diagnosis well". Dr. Somai has been wonderful and knows her field very well. I never have an issue with wait times and her staff is very attentive as well. If I call the office and leave a message, I get a call back from the receptionist almost immediately. I see how busy she is so I know how hard it is for her to take all of these calls plus call to remind me of my appointment and call me with my lab results. The physician assistant has been great as well. I drive almost an hour to see her every month and it's worth it!!!

March 27th, 2016

I would not recommend this doctor as she no idea what she is doing for her patients. I would not recommend her any way shape or form in treating any patient.

January 4th, 2016

dont waste time or money she does not care about her patients

December 22nd, 2015

Dr. Somai has been excellent. She is attentive and responsive to my symptoms and concerns. I am very much improved from my first office visit two years ago. I highly recommend her.

November 17th, 2015

Wonderful Rhumotoligist

Dr. Somai is very caring and has made great suggestions that have helped my fibromyalgia pain. I have always been seen on time and she has always been on top of thing concerning my condition. Would highly recommend her.

October 5th, 2015

Every time I have been here the wait is so long. Drug reps are in and out...food deliveries are in and out...friends from other offices are in and out. The patients should be the ones that are in and out!! This is only my 2nd visit and I won't be back. I'm sitting in the waiting room still WAITING for a 1230 appointment at 135...really?

June 19th, 2015

Go to someone else.

Spends about no more than 2-3 minutes with me each visit and is very rude when I try and tell her about joints that are bothering me.

February 25th, 2015

Could never make an appointment

I called the office several times. Each time the receptionist's voice mail would come along asking to leave a message. The calls are never returned so I was never able to make an appointment. I wish there was an option to give half star rating.

January 9th, 2014

Quack

Dr. Somai does not know her field at all. I have suffered with plaque psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis for 14 years. She did not believe that I was suffering enough to have Embrel prescribed for me. I have giant break outs all over my body and Embrel always clears it up. She does not know what she is doing . Do not let your PCP refer you to her. You not be taken care of or treated with rescpect.

November 23rd, 2013

Not recommended!!

My experience with Dr. Somai was very bad! She did not want to listen to my questions, she left the room before I could get answers and did not return. I was charged a no-show fee when she didn't make it clear that I had an appointment after seeing her in the hospital the first time. When I needed to contact her about the medicine she put me on, I had to go through her receptionist and the problems I was experiencing were never resolved. I suffered for weeks because she didn't care enough to contact me and change the medication she put me on or give me another appointment so I could see her before my next appointment was due. I was 15 minutes late for my last appointment with her, due to a vehicle stalled on the road entering the St. Thomas parking garage. When I arrived, I was told by the receptionist that Dr. Somai had already left (even though her office hours did not end for another 35 minutes). Just as I was leaving, Dr. Somai walked out and refused to speak to me when I announced that I was there. She returned to her office and left through the back door. I feel she's very immature,has a poor bedside manner, and really doesn't care about her patients.