Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Jan 13th, 2015

Dr. Auer is great. My neck feels 100% better.

A Second Chance At a Quality of Life show details A Second Chance At a Quality of Life
by Kathleen Tollett Aycock on Jan 5th, 2015

I suffered from an excruciating pain down my sciatic nerve for 6 months. I could not lie down. I slept kneeling in front of the sofa with my head on a pillow. I became dominant and gained over 50 pounds. I saw 2 doctors in West Monroe that reviewed the MRI and said there was nothing wrong. I met with a very prominent doctor in Shreveport that said it was "depression>" I wanted to slap him. A former student of mine is a doctor in Shreveport and referred me to Dr. Auer. It was a Divine Intervention. Dr. Auer put in the MRI in his computer and in less than 15 seconds he said, "Here is your problem. You were born with a birth defect-------" I had a meltdown. He tried to get an operating room that day(Friday) as he recognized the pain I was experiencing. There wasn't one available, so he scheduled the operation for Monday morning. He rearranged his entire schedule to perform the surgery. When I woke up for the surgery, I was lying on my back for the first time in 6 to 8 months. I cried. He was truly my earthly angel as I had reached a point that I did not want to go on merely existing. The care I received from his office staff and the staff at the hospital was outstanding. I did not have to take any pain pills or have any therapy. My birth defect was repaired and I was good as new with no limitations.

Microdiscectomy show details Microdiscectomy
by Todd H. on Jul 31st, 2013

Dr. Auer took his time to explain to me all of the questions that I had even questions I had forgotten about until right before surgery. I had a very good experience with him as my surgeon. I also personally know one of the other drs. in that office and Dr. Auer is highly regarded by him. The reason I didn't go to the Dr. that I know is that he doesn't work on the spine.

Bad Doctoor do not go . show details Bad Doctoor do not go .
Aug 2nd, 2012

No bed side manners at all!!! After knowing he was hurting me never once did he say he was sorry! Not only that the shot did not work and was wasted money,but also he was letting me decide which surgery i wanted!!! he's the Doctor. He said i could get the small surgery that would help my leg or i could get a big surgery that would help my back but not my leg. wth? I was very lucjk to find such a great Doctor that did my surgery and NO i did not have a choice of what surgery, i had so much going on with my back he had to cut a foot down my back and place two rods with mesh and screws and a spacer and Thank God i have no more pain and doing great!! I would never recommend Dr. Auer to my wort enemy!!! I would say go see Dr. Sin he is awesome!!!

So wonderful show details So wonderful
by Brandy Kaiser on Dec 31st, 2011

Dr. Auer is a wonderful doctor. His staff is warm and caring just as he is. He has helped me so much. Not just physically but emotionally also! Know that I am in great hands with him as my doctor. Would HIGHLY recommend him!