A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Prabhakar Baliga:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Prabhakar Baliga is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Prabhakar Baliga, MD, MBBS, BS is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Blood Clot (Thrombosis)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Transplantation
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Pancreas Transplantation
- Pancreatic Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Baliga graduated from Stanley Medical College, Chennai. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Baliga has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Greenville Memorial Hospital
- Medical University Of South Carolina
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Baliga accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 8 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina - 3 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Prabhakar K. Baliga practice?
Dr. Prabhakar Baliga practices Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, and Transplant Surgery near Charleston, SC.
Additional practice locations include: Greenville, SC and Columbia, SC.
See Charleston Surgeons.