Internist, Pain Management Specialist, Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Needs a new office staff that cares about their patients show details Needs a new office staff that cares about their patients
Jan 7th, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Tella for my back injury which was very debilitating. Enter the office in a wheelchair. The office staff was not concerned by my crying in the waiting room to make me more comfortable while filling out their paper work in front of all the other patients . After all was said and done . And having to beg to have the treatment ASAP. The next day I was called and was asked what my pain level was I answered an 8. The receptionist informed me of my next appt again with no concern. And no call back from anyone!!? I called that next Monday and requested a call back from a nurse and again no call back. Needless to say I have not gone back and found another doctor. Dr Tella was very nice and informative and needs a new office staff.

JERK show details JERK
Nov 28th, 2012

I have never had a doctor be so uncaring in my life. For my age I have already major spine surgery and am looking at more. Because I look even younger it is hard for me to get a doctor to take me seriously. I thought since he knew my neurosurgeon he would treat me better but no. I left so angry I was brought to tears. I think he is a jerk.

Jul 26th, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Tella for Pain in my neck from a bulging disk. Because I was from out of town, 6 hours away, and I am a teacher who would be starting school soon, he went out of his way and worked me in during his lunch time. He spent a lot of time explaining my condition and was very knowledgeable! We do not have doctors like that in Lubbock. He took time to explain the process and the pros and cons. I was very comfortable and felt like I was in good hands. When it came to the injections, the environment was a little scary at first. It was like a make shift office and clinic. I was really nervous but it all worked out great. I was in and out and they called me the next day to check up on me. I hope the injections work. He is worth the drive if I can make it work with my work schedule.

Poor Bedside Manner show details Poor Bedside Manner
May 4th, 2011

Not much to say other than my experience with Dr. Tella was terrible. I will never visit his office again nor would I reccomend him to another person. He is rude, makes false accusations and assumptions!

Jan 26th, 2010

Takes time to listenhelped take care of my back pain