Anesthesiologist (pain control)

Thinks he knows EVERYTHING...VERY ARROGANT! show details Thinks he knows EVERYTHING...VERY ARROGANT!
Aug 10th, 2008

This MD was the anesthesiologist when I had major foot surgery a couple of years ago. Prior to the surgery, he asked me if I had any health problems...I had spent a lot of time on the phone the previous day answering all of those questions so he had that in front of him. I had also answered those questions previously for my foot surgeon. This anesthesiologist just didn't want to look. But, I told him that I had thyroid problems and that I had just had some thyroid labs done (at the same hospital where I was having this surgery) and the lab results were backed and showed my T3 level was slightly high. I know that they have the ability to pull up those results on computer and look at them, so I suggested that he do that...and that he not give me anything that would make my heart race and give me a heart attack. I was not the least bit nervous about the surgery, but he kept insisting that I "looked nervous." And, therefore, he gave me "something to calm me down." Those types of medications always make me VERY nauseated, and that was the case again. My foot surgeon did a major surgery (2 procedures) on my foot (total operating time was 45 minutes), but my recovery took over 2 hours because I was so nauseated from the drugs the anesthesiologist had INSISTED upon giving me! But, doctor knows best...NOT! This was quite a complex surgery, but it was still done as an outpatient procedure...the worst part was the anesthesia.