Dr. Pradeep Thapar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

July 25th, 2016
First visit.never ask me a question.ask me"why am I here".i told him"I think I am depressed and have anxiety".he started writing prescription.i was not interested in medication but why I am feeling this.This medicine will take care of you that is what he told me.this is my first time that I have seen a psychiatrist.he should care about rather than MONEY.We are senior and that is how the doctors treat seniors.

May 16th, 2016
excellent

March 31st, 2016
Great! Highly recommend.

March 23rd, 2016
Excellent Doctor
I had a great experience with this doctor. He listens and really cares. I would highly recommend his services.

January 20th, 2016
Average
My initial evaluation was less than 15 minutes which I have been told is unusual. The other visits have last 5 minutes or less, or however long it takes to write the prescription on his computer. I find that some of his staff is rude, usually the person who is responsible for getting the pre-authorizations, while some are top notch, kind and friendly. My problem is straight forward with easy treatment. I do not know how he handles the more complicated cases. In my circumstances, I have to rate him average.

September 14th, 2015
Gives me what I need, but doesn't listen and does rush
Overall I do like being with him. He is my first psychiatrist, so take that for what it is. According to the other reviews I'm missing out on some great doctors, so I'm not going to tell you what I think I'll just tell you the facts. If you need a certain medication he will give it to you. That's help me out a lot, but sometimes it's not about the medication. When you talk to him you do feel like he isn't really that interested but only acts like he is. When looking for treatment I was looking for someone to talk to more than the medications. I would say only on one occasion I sat down and felt like he wasn't rushing me to leave. You most definitely will feel as if you want to in and out in five minutes. I do follow up every month,but to him it's just a refill visit. Sometimes I feel disappointed I couldn't tell him some things going on or on my mind. He is nice and is nice and talks with a nice voice. I don't get the reviews that's say he has a long waiting time. I'm in and out in 30 minutes evertime in the Chicago Ridge office. Tip: DO NOT SEE THE NURSE PRACTIONER DON'T

April 15th, 2015
This guy stinks.

January 21st, 2015
Mother of patient
My child was seeing Dr. Thapar for a year and a half and the service was terrible. He saw her 3 times and the rest of the appointments were with multiple nurse practicioners. He did not speak with my child and ask questions to have better understanding. He wrote scripts for meds based off my explanations. He did no evaluation or testing. One of the meds her prescribed caused my child every known side effect yet her medical record said no known reversal effects. He was short and brief we were there for 15 minutes top each visit. He has NEVER followed up after any visit. Very poor service.

June 26th, 2014
There are a lot of doctors that make you feel like a customer rather than a patient. Dr. Thapar is the complete opposite. I have been seeing him for over 6 years and he has made me feel like family. Very compassionate at what he does. He has been there for me more times than I can count. Excellent Doctor

June 26th, 2014
Dr. Thapar is one of the best doctors in the area. He really makes you feel at home in his office.

A+++++++
Excellent very compassionate care. Highly recommend!

May 24th, 2014
Wonderful Dr
He is a wonderful caring Dr. I have known him for over 14 years! While the wait time is long, the care is worth it! He listens to what you have to say. People who say he is typing and not making eye contact does not understand how health care has changed since Obama Care and the load it has put on Drs, and nurses. He may be typing but he is listening. After 14 yrs he can still remember things I told him from first seeing him.