Dr. Praful Kelkar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8
  • 5 reviews

August 24th, 2015
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Kelkar is one of those exceedingly bright doctors who, in spite of that, does not talk down to you. He is professional but friendly and willing to explain options, show and explain test results. While he makes recommendations, he also allows you to have some say in your care. He didn't beat around the bush about my MS diagnosis - which I appreciated. I highly recommend Dr. Kelkar. One advisory, your appointments with him likely won't start right on time. But the lake view at the Golden Valley office is beautiful and relaxing, and once you do get in to see him, your time won't feel rushed. Personally, I am fine with that.

January 16th, 2015
Wonderful Apt
I was very nervous about the apt. He was great! I thought I would get the feeling that he knew everything and I knew nothing. He wasn't like that at all! Very down to earth. We asked a lot of questions and he made sure we understood the answers. Very smart man!

March 26th, 2013
Anyone in there?
He had his mind made up before he saw me. Not responsive. Not communicative. Not aware of advances in sleep disorders and their relationship to non-motor symptoms of Parkinson's.

July 22nd, 2012
I found that Dr. Kelkar listened to what I had to say and had a good manner. I may switch to him as he has a speciality that my other neurologist doesn't.

July 11th, 2012
Left his office confused and scared
His demeanor was very negative. Then he would not answer my questions about why he was recommending the things that he was. That left me confused about why / what I should do and scared because of the tone of the visit. I NEVER went back and now have a wonderful new neurologist who is positive and can communicate with patients.