Dr. Prakash Paragi MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 30th, 2017
I CAN SMILE AGAIN
It"s been seven months after gastric sleeve surgery and I am so thankful to Dr. Paragi. I now like to go out, but there was a time when I did not because of my weight. My weight was my prison, it kept me from doing the things that I once loved and enjoyed. It kept me from family, friends and from living a happy healthy life. Thank you Dr. Paragi for choosing a profession that has made such impact in so many lives. Words cannot express how thankful I am, because for every compliment, every look, every smile, you made it happen and I am so thankful. God bless you

January 30th, 2017
Septic Shock
I met Dr. Paragi on my deathbed and he saved my life, I had to take a step back and bow out of a lot of things that I called normal but weren't. My eating habits had crippled me and I developed an abscess on my colon and it was drained improperly and it seeped into my system. Dr.Paragi saved my life that night he came to my bedside an introduce himself told me what was about to happen to me. From that moment on I knew God had controlled that whole situation. Dr.Paragi got up out his bed after I prayed and told God I wasn't done on earth. Dr. Paragi, has taken his time to ensure that as uncomfortable as I was with my ostomy bag he reassured me that I would be able to live a normal life again. Since he said that he has done that. I'm now healthier and on my way back to work without a stoma but a new look on life. He's kind and direct and his bedside manners are a play book that many Dr.'s need to read from. He's the best. He takes his time and listens to your fears and reassures you sincerely that he's only going to do what's best for you.

November 20th, 2016
Compassionate Doctor and Surgen
A year after Dr. Prakash Paragi removed my poorly executed Lap-Band performed by a different surgen, due to a slippage, he preformed a revision surgery; The Gastric Sleeve. Not only did he remove my Lap-Band and perform The Gastric Sleeve, he also repaired my hernia, and removed the excess tissue in my abdomen. I’m currently three week post surgery, and I feel terrific and especially thankful for everything Dr.Paragi and his staff did to help me throughout my journey. Furthermore, him and his staff were outstanding and did their best to make sure I understood the surgery, and life after surgery. After having complications with my insurance, my surgery was not approved nearly 24 hours before the scheduled date, however Dr. Paragi and Dr. Lalitha Prakash assured me that they would do their best efforts to resolve the issues, and they did. The surgery was a success, nearly three weeks post surgery and I have already lost twenty pounds, and I have never felt better. Thank you Dr.Paragi and your staff for giving me a new sense of happiness and confidence in myself.

October 30th, 2016
Thankful
On 11/2015 Dr. Paragi removed my Lap Band, which was an emergency surgery. I was transferred from St. M. Hospital to Saint Barnabas and even though he was not schedule to work that night he stayed and waited for me. When I got there he introduced himself and said not to worry that everything was going to be OK. He is the best. ALWAYS smiling. I am so happy and thankful that he waited to performed the surgery. It's been almost a year and I am scheduled to do the Gastric Sleeve and a Hernia repair with Dr. Paragi. Looking forward to my surgery because I know I am in good hands . He is the best surgeon Thank you Dr. Paragi for giving me my life back.

June 5th, 2016
The best of the best
Dr. Paragi operated on me 4 years ago, had a sleeve gastrectomy and I am now doing very well, he is very caring compassionate and explains everything he does. He has been always attentive to my needs and advises me appropriatly, he is the best and he changed my life.

January 14th, 2016
Thank you Dr. Paragi
Best experience ever I can't thank him enough !!!! Weight loss surgery was a total success for me I can't thank him enough from 310 lbs that I was I'm down to 224 lbs 86 lbs in 5 Month !!!! More to come Thank you again

May 21st, 2015
weight loss surgery
I had surgery 3 years ago and have lost 150 lbs, Dr. Paragi is an excellent surgeon and I have full faith and trust in him. I have followed his advice and feel very comfortable to consult with him. He is very patient, spends time with his patients, explains everything he does, details of the procedure, list of complications and outcomes . His information seminar is very helpful and his staff are very curteous.

May 5th, 2015
My Journey with Dr. Paragi
Its been 2 years and I saw my doctor today, I have lost 76 lbs since the surgery and have maintained my weight, I have been lucky to have had the surgery with Dr. Paragi, and have been on regular follow up with him. He has guided me at every step and has helped me transform my life. I appreciate his message for all patients who are looking for a weight loss surgeon" The magic lies in you" and I think that in spite of his great skill he is humble enough to give the credit to the patients. I think he is awesome doctor and I love my doctor. I have couple of my friends who underwent the surgery and have done extremely well. I wish him all the very best for his new practice location at 393 Northfield Ave, West Orange, NJ, his contact telephone number is 862-520-5090. I would recommend anyone interested in the weight loss surgery to him. He is an awesome doctor.

March 26th, 2015
Excellant Doctor, has great bedside manners, performed my Lap sleeve gastrectomy and I had no complications, my stay was 1 day at the hospital, the team at Saint Barnabas Medical center was excellant and his office staff were very courteous and kind, they guided me at every step, I am Proud of my doctor- Dr. Paragi who is an Awesome doctor.

February 9th, 2015
I couldn't ask for a better weight loss. I recommend him to everyone he's the best

December 16th, 2014
Dr. Paragi is the best!
Dr. Paragi did my surgery on 11/6/14 he did the VSG, Cholecystectomy, and a Hiatal Hernia repair all at the same time. I was so nervous and scared the day before he sat me down and talked to me. We went over the paper work together, he helped ease my nerves and made me feel like I was more then just another patient. Before I left his office I turned to him and said "Dr. Paragi I am putting my life in your hands" he said to me "You should put your life in Gods hands no mine. I am just your surgeon." I knew right there that he was right and this was the right decision. The day of my surgery Dr. Paragi came to visit me. He has me laughing as he joked with me. He again put me at ease. He made me feel at ease and comfortable. The staff at St. Barnabas were all amazing!! After surgery I woke in alot of pain they made sure I was comforted right away and comfortable. From recovery I went to my room where as soon as I got there I wanted to use the bathroom. I after took a walk. The nurses there were amazing they kept up with my ever need made sure I was pain free as I choose to be. The encouraged me to walk. There were 3 people who had the surgery the same day as me and I was up and walking before all of them. My room mate had a highly recommend surgeon perform her surgery yet she couldn't get out of bed for 2 days and I was discharged before her. Dr. Paragi visited me in the morning made sure I was fine. He was happy I was up walking. Everyone who checked on my incisions said what a beautiful job was done there not raised so they will heal nicely with minimal scaring. I was released early because I was doing so well, Dr. Paragi came to see me before I left home and was again so nice and chatted with me. I give Dr. Paragi 5 stars because he is more then just an amazing surgeon he is a great person. He went above and beyond with me. He personalized my surgery and didn't make me feel as if it was just another surgery. I am so happy to have had him as my surgeon. His new office is beautiful very clean and all his staff are very nice. Update: I am now over a month out and doing great! I can barely see my scars theyre so small. I have dropped 6 sizes already and Dr. Paragi and his staff have been there for me to lean on through this. I am so happy I went with Dr. Paragi!

September 29th, 2014
Excellent doctor
I had a great experience and had surgery by this doctor, he has excellent bedside manners and a gentleman