Psychiatrists

395 N San Jacinto St
Ste B
Hemet, CA 92543
951-929-4612
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Administrator  |  show details
by Pam J on Dec 6th, 2013

Had my first appointment with DR. Patel. Felt very, very comfortable talking to him. An excellent listner and very easy to talk to. After a long time found a psychiatrist who doesn't just write a prescription and says "take this". Explained me in detail why Im taking the medicine he prescribed. I would recommend him very highly

|  social worker  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2013

Recently I had a patient who was going through some emotional crisis because of problems with her children. I asked her to go and see Dr. Patel as I have heard good things about him. Without going into any details, I was amazed to see the difference in her attitude towards her children, and husband. There is no miracle cure but when I next talked to her she seemed like a different woman.Just wanted to share this.

|  Nurse  |  show details
by Susan on Mar 19th, 2013

I was under a lot of stress at work and home. One of my friends at work recommended me to see Dr. Patel . I made an appointment to see him and boy am I glad I did. He was very patient , very well qualified and asked the right questions of what I was going through. I would highly recommend him . (afterwards my daughter went to see him and she really, really likes him).

|  show details
Aug 8th, 2012

LawyerAfter changing psychiatrist two times, finally I went to Dr.Patel. An awesome doctor! Took time to listen to my problem, prescibe the right meds. I'm doing so much better

|  I really thought about whether to post this or not...  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2012

I have qualms about posting negative reviews about doctors. But in this instance, I will because my complaint is purely professional. I think this doctor gives a good first interview in an era where many doctors will only do an intake interview for a half hour max. I notice a lot of the praise comes from the fact that he will take around an hour or so on the first interview. I actually don't think that he is bad at the clinical interview or diagnosis. I think his weak area is med management and followup. He's not very good at recognizing problems with meds or fixing problems once they start. It's not that he doesn't followup, the problem is that he is not very good at handling med management during followups. It was so bad that he would actually forget why he prescribed me a drug, or thought I was on a drug that I wasn't actually on, and would become lost and flustered if there were any problems with the meds. Getting him to do anything is like pulling nails. He only does well up until something goes wrong. I would recommend him more for initial diagnosis than med management. Also his front office staff is very unprofessional and inefficient. My overall rating is a one, because it doesn't matter how well he diagnoses or performs in the first interview if he can't manage medications effectively.

|  He is the best!!  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2012

Dr. Patel is extremely knowledgeable, thorough, and get's to the root of the problem. I've been to other psychiatrists who just seem not to care. Dr. Patel is the complete opposite, he seems to really care about his patients. I would highly recommend him!

|  Nurse  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2012

Dr. Patel is a very, very good listener. He would let you talk and ask questions at the right time. He really takes his time and gets at the root of the problem.I spent an hour and half with him on my initial visit and was really happy with him.Would recommend him highly

|  I've seen far worse  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2011

I see that there are some dissatisfied customers, but he's really not bad. Some psychiatrists are truly terrible at their jobs and have way too many patients. You can tell they are overworked, stressed, and trying to get patients in and out as quickly as possible (is there a loan shark chasing them?). He doesn't push his problems onto you like that. I don't feel rushed. He seems focused on doing his job and not on fitting in 7 patients an hour.

|  school teacher  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2011

I saw Dr. Patel for my depression. He talked to me for an hour on my first visit. Explained me in detail why I felt what I felt and put me on the right medications. things are beginning to improve.

|  Always Late  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2010

Dr Patel is always running late and will shorten your appt time without your knowledge but will charge you if you are late. He is always overbooked so he never has time to spend with the patient to find out about your meds, how you feel, etc. If you are looking for a doctor who will actually help you I suggest you look elsewhere.

|  Not a specialist in every problem  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2010

Dr Patel is very nice but he claims to be a "specialist in too many psychiatric areas. It is almost two years later and I'm still taking the same meds as when I first went there and no, I am not OK. I am med resistant and the only approach is to keep trying new things. If you're a "specialist" you should be doing contiueing ed on that subject so you can actually help your patients.

|  Impressed with my initial visit with Dr. Patel  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2009

I recently had an initial appointment with Dr. Patel and I felt that he listened well, ask me thorough questions, and identified my problems appropriately. He also prescribed me medications that I was comfortable taking, and didn't just say "Here, take these." I was impressed with my first appointment with Dr. Patel.

|  No Way  |  show details
by batylass on Sep 22nd, 2008 on kudzu.com

I recently had to have a problem taken care of and was refered to Dr. Patels office, I was put in the hospital and when the time came, The Dr. started the operation before I was given the shot to numb me and got mad when I said it hurt

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  Dr. Dont Care  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2008

I hardly get any time to discuss my problems. When i do he doesnt even pay any attenetion to them. Just gives me some meds and sends me on my way. Im looking for another doctor as we speak.