Dr. Prakashkumar Patel MD Patient Reviews

1.4

• Good
  • Bad

May 17th, 2016
I was scheduled for my second visit with Dr. Patel and I was 15 minutes early for my 10 am appointment as requested. There was only 1 patient in front of me so it looked as though it would be an easy in and out visit today! After sitting in the waiting room for 45 minutes and watching 2 other people that came in after me see the doctor it started to get frustrating because I had another business appointment scheduled for 11:30. Finally I hear the doctor call my name as he is walking towards the waiting room. Ready to go in he stops me and loud enough for everyone in the waiting room to hear he states"I will not be seeing you until your last bill has been paid". I said "last bill?"; I wasn't aware I had a bill with you I thought my insurance covered everything". Did you even send me a bill, I never got one in the mail" He then told everyone in the waiting room, that unless I gave him my personal credit card information so he could bill me personally, he would not be seeing me for my appointment that I have been waiting almost an hour for!! I was shocked! I told him I never received any bill from him or the insurance company, if I had I would have paid it prior to coming in for this appointment. I mean isn't that why they ask you to come in early??? to straighten out any co-pay issues?? Up to that very moment I was under the understanding that the insurance company had taken care of it. Before I could even pull out my wallet to pay the $95 co-pay from the last visit, he called another patient into his office and ignored his own assistant who was telling him I was paying, "you can see her now doctor" she was yelling!! Well I looked at the assistant and she started apologizing profusely, over and over and she told me, "I don't take cared of the billing, he does"! That is when I asked for my money back and said to her "if he does his own billing he certainly isn't any good at it"...."I can only imagine hat kind of doctor he is!" I just amazes me how you can schedule the first appointment of the day with a doctor, and still wait an hour to be seen. What makes them think that their time is any more valuable than ours?? On top of it all the total for the last visit (which took only 30 minutes after an hour wait), was $395!!! for 30 minutes!! I don't know but getting paid $690 an hour to make people wait in your office all day is atrocious!! Who else would you pay that kind of money to and be treated that way!! 2 visits add up to a vacation to the Bahamas, and you get treated like a king!! I'm done with Patel and Sunrise Neurology, and this isn't the only post I am making on this!!

May 2nd, 2016
Extremely obnoxious
My daughter made her appt 3 weeks ago and they never bothered to run insurance or so they said. We moved from LI and needed to find a dr to transfer to. She was told her insurance was fake (even after we were just at orthopedic and it works just fine). Long story short he was rude and basically told me we were giving fake insurance and he refused to call and verify it. Saying he doesn't do that and blah blah blah. Then he wanted her to put her credit card on file just in case it didn't authorize. Are you kidding me? I'm glad he never even saw her. He would have screwed her up even more. STAY AWAY!!! I didn't even want to give him a one draw rating. We have another appt with another doctor and her insurance went through just fine. Shocker.

July 2nd, 2015
Does not care about patients well being
I went to Dr Patel with multiple symptoms that may or may not have resulted from a recent surgery I had as a self pay patient....before even doing an assesment he looked at me and said have you seen a psychiatrist ( this was Before his assesment)....then he did his assesment and read the list of multiple symptoms I was having and told me that nothing was wrong with me whatsoever but he would give me paper work to get an MRI...I paid to get a mri of my brain out of pocket to rule out stroke because another physician said it sounded like stroke symptoms...but eventually got insurance and wanted to have the rest of the spinal Mri done to atleast make sure that MS may not be whats occurring( which I have symptoms that could of been related to MS as well) but he completely dismissed that I was given the run around for three weeks in order for Dr patel to send paper work to my insurance so I could get Spinal MRI...he calls me to tell me that my brain scan w/out contrast was normal and hes not going to send anything to the Insurance because he said theres nothing wrong I was just getting the MRI because I wanted it. Truth is who cares why not help your patient rule out all things instead of just assume your right by taking one look at a patient with out even an assesment....This dr does not care for his patients and thinks hes a know it all....please go to a different neurologists perhaps one of the drs on this website that has 4 stars instead of 1.5 like Patel..

September 23rd, 2013
horrible
was dismissive, rude , examination was very very poor and also made comments that were innapropriate to my visit without even knowing my medical history and flipped through pages of minimal paper work i had and didnt even read them

February 22nd, 2013
rude
not only is the doctor rude,so is the office help(very rude). the so called doctor does not care about his patients and is offended when you cant understand his chopped up english. i was frightened of my life threatening condition,the man offered no comfort or help what to do. dont waste your money!!!!!!!!

June 9th, 2010
NEVER AGAIN!!
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY - RUN!!!!!!!!!!!This "Doctor" is nothing but rude - not only to me - but also an elderly lady in the waiting room.I will never return - oh and by the way - it's looking like his diagnosis was wrong anyway.

August 8th, 2016