Dr. Pramod Yadhati MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Wilmington, DE

3.2

June 7th, 2016
Dr. Yadhati takes the time to actively engage me in my care and takes the time to ask questions and pinpoint the issue. He is careful about prescribing meds, and doesn't just hand out pills. Being at a pain management doctor, that is a long term experience and not just a one time thing. Being careful about prescriptions is important with opiods and Dr. Yadhati, while careful, looks to help manage pain, but also looks to overall health and well being, while looking for the real cause. Just taking pills is not the way to improve quality of life. Being a patient of his is long term, not just once in a great while when I am sick like my primary doc. The more engaged in my care, and the open I am about my condition, what is going on and where I am the better my treatment has been. He challenges me to take an active role, working out therapies to manage the pain, beyond just a pill. I'll admit, it is easier to take a pill, but that only covers the pain, and I would rather improve my quality of life if I can rather than be on pain meds the rest of my life. He is direct and evaluates my overall health, keeping a pulse on how I am doing. He works with me because this is long term, and the meds and treatment impact my health now and in the future. The staff is very kind. Even after a surgery they remember and ask how I am doing when I am there, or calling in.

April 20th, 2011
Appalling Bedside Manner (to say the least)
I went to Dr. Yadhat's office after being out of work for 3 days due to severe pain. I am recovering from ACDF surgery, and am determined to get my life back.I had never had a cortisone shot; however, at this point, I was desperate. He advised that I could not have a cortisone shot because "of acute pain, and you will not be able to tolerate it." He then prescribed hydrocodone... again. I was not looking to procure a prescription for hydrocodone. I want to have my wits about me and to return to work. I then asked if I could have a doctor's note for the last three days. Upon which time I was advised, "I didn't tell you not to go to work." He then only gave me a note for that day. How does a doctor say in one sentence that he cannot even give me a cortisone shot due to my acute pain, and in the following sentence, tell me that he cannot give me a doctor's note for my 3 days of missed work because he "did not tell me not to go to work"?This doctor is rude, lacks any and all compassion for patients in real pain, and only cares about how many patients (prescriptions) he can fit into a single day. He had me in and out of his office (not including waiting room time) in 6 minutes. I did not even know the consultation had ended until I was at the front desk to schedule another appointment!I am disgusted, appalled... and still in pain. I do not know how I am going to perform at work tomorrow (let alone, get there).

November 13th, 2010
Caring Doctor
Dr. Y has been managing my pain for 2-3 years and has helped me come along way from the very first time I walked in his office. He has gone out of his way to communicate with me and my husband.

September 10th, 2009
I think the last review was done by a person who was angry that he did not get pain medicine,when maybe he did not need it.My impression of this doctor is that he speaks good english the British kind.He provided exelent care,helped my pain a great deal.If you are looking just for a hand out of pain medicine look elsewhere you are not going to get it here.

May 10th, 2009
hard to understand does not speak english well tries to get you addicted to narcotics and then makes you have unnecessary nerve blocks that cause more pain or cuts you off of your medications rude to a point of being crues