A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Prasad Palakurthy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Prasad Palakurthy, BS, MBBS, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Palakurthy graduated from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad.
Dr. Palakurthy has 23 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Medical Center
- Broadlawns Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Palakurthy accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 6 plans
- Health Alliance Medical Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Missouri Medicaid - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Prasad R. Palakurthy practice?
Dr. Prasad Palakurthy practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology near Des Moines, IA.
Additional practice locations include: West Des Moines, IA and Urbandale, IA.
See Des Moines Internists and Des Moines Cardiologists.