A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. PRASAD PALAKURTHY:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. PRASAD PALAKURTHY, MD, MBBS, BS is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. PALAKURTHY graduated from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad.
Dr. PALAKURTHY has 23 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Medical Center
- Iowa Methodist Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. PALAKURTHY accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 6 plans
- Health Alliance Medical Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Missouri Medicaid - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. PRASAD R. PALAKURTHY practice?
Dr. PRASAD PALAKURTHY practices Internal Medicine, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near Des Moines, IA.
Additional practice locations include: West Des Moines, IA and Urbandale, IA.
See Des Moines Internists and Des Moines Cardiologists.