A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Prasun Jalal:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Prasun Jalal, Internist, Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Prasun Jalal, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, and Transplant Hepatology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hepatitis B
- Liver Diseases
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Jalal graduated from University of California at San Francisco. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Jalal has 6 hospital affiliations:
- St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
- St Luke's Community Medical Ct Woodlands
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Jalal accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Humana - 16 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans