Dr. Prasuna Jami MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

June 15th, 2016
Never Again!
She's a terrible person and doctor. She is frustratingly mean to her patients and if you have diabetes you will not be able to please her unless you have A1C results of a non-diabetic. She will treat you with disdain and threaten to kick you out of her practice. I STUCK with her for months even though I dreaded every second of treatment until I could no longer take it. In a word, she is terrible.

December 7th, 2015
Rude and Pompous Dr.
Terrible bedside manner and extremely rude. Don't miss an appointment with Dr.Jami or you risk her"dropping you" as a patient if you could not get off work. Made me feel very unimportant and worthless. Would not recommend her unfortunately.

June 17th, 2015
Do not waste your time
Would Never go back. Went to her several times and she did nothing to help me. After revisiting my regular doctor he suggested i get a MRI and they found a 6×9cm tumor covering my pituitary gland and shes is suppose to be the gland specialist. On top of that she has terrible beside manner. She is rude and treats her staff like servants. She also misdiagnosed a friend of mine that was dying

May 18th, 2015
What I've experiencec
When I was sent to dr jami it was for a thyroid biopsy and I was not actually a patient. When they discovered I was hyperthyroid 3 years later and sent me back I had read the reviews . Esp the one from a woman who was treated badly and called a baby bc she was having a panic attack. When I was sent over straight from my pcp office I was also having a panic attack due to the hyper Thyroid. I was crying etc when my husband took me in. She was extremely nice and caring. I had to have 5 biopsies and had 8 appts in the past year. I have heard her be gruff to staff. Needless to say she wants things done exactly as she says. I have made and cancelled appts with no problem. She works a lot and very long days with what seems to be a very busy practice. So I have seen her snappy ( once bc she thought a nurse who was helping during a biopsy was making me uncomfortable). I have had long pleasant and caring ( she kept patting my hand and asking if I was okay during biopsies) appts I can tell she s strict and wants you to follow her direction but she's only been extremely nice to me.

August 3rd, 2014
Dr.Jami is my " Life Saver"
After seeing numerous doctors trying to find out what was wrong with me. I was referred to Dr.Jami..I was diagnosed with Graves Disease. Dr. Jami knew exactly what to do..by the time I got to her, I was ready to die. I spent time in ICU (deathly sick). She was VERY compassionate to me..NEVER has she been rude! She has spent up to an hour at office visits explaining things to me and my husband, she is ALWAYS concerned about how I am doing. She has even called me at home herself. She always has the results of my blood work the following day and I never have to wait on prescriptions, they're always there. The office staff is always friendly and they always work appointments in to what works best for me. I have been a patient there for 3 & 1/2 years. I just could not believe the JUNK I read. Dr. Jami cares & is very professional. I would NOT be here with my family today if it wasn't for her..Thank You Dr. Jami for all you do and all your hard work. MY FAMILY loves you.

July 18th, 2014
Excellent endocrinologist
I read the reviews on the doctor prior to going to her clinic. My family doctor referred me there. I went there with my wife and was shocked to see how wrong these online reviews are! I found the doctor passionate and caring, also found the staff good and my wife agrees with me one hundred percent. In total I had 3 visits and I feel I got best care from that office and I strongly recommend this office to anyone who needs endocrine care!

June 15th, 2014
From a medical stand point...
I will not say my exact title, just that I am a medical professional. I have whitnessed things in Dr. Jami's office that I would not wish on my worst enemy! I feel terrible for her poor staff, she will interrupt them when they are on phone calls or with patients, she is rude to them and patients. She contradicts herself at least five times during a single visit or conversation and trust me when I say you can never do anything right for this woman... Judging from the treatment I have whitnessed I have an overwhelming feeling that she trusts no one and can not keep office staff (such as nurses, receptionists, etc.) longer than a few weeks but I honestly do not blame them. Being that Dr. Jami is an Endo. she sees patients who sometimes need extra compassion or care and I feel she doesn't provide these elements in many of her patient's cases. If you are reading this prior to beginning care with her, I advise you to visit the office or to look elsewhere, there are many other specialists who can provide much, much better care. To anyone who has had good experiences with her, say an extra thank you to God tonight because this is very rare.

March 12th, 2014
Patient abandonment
Dr. Jami is the most uncaring, rude, and unethical physician I have ever been to. I have had type 1 diabetes for most of my life and recently switched to this physician. She wants you to come to her every 4 weeks, and if you don't, she withholds your insulin prescription (which you don't get refills on). At my last visit, we discussed switching my insulin because my insurance no longer covered what I've been using. I expressed my concern that an insulin she suggested may not work as well for me. She was abrasive and refused to write a letter for me to send to my insurance so they would pay for that insulin. 3 months later, I'm finally on my last bottle of insulin, so I call to get a prescription faxed, and she sends the uninsured insulin over. I had to call to have the insured insulin faxed, and Dr. Jami came on the phone, raising her voice at me, saying that I said I was allergic to the insured insulin and it made me feel terrible, I haven't even been there in 3 months (several, several months ago, I told the office staff that my insurance only paid for office visits every 3 months, and Dr. Jami was okay with seeing me every 3 months instead of 4 weeks, until today for some reason), she should not have even faxed me a prescription to begin with, and if I didn't come to my next appointment she would not see me anymore, I tried to explain to her that I'm not allergic to the insured insulin and I never said any of that, but she wasn't hearing any of it. I tried to explain to her why I rescheduled (started a new job and couldn't take off that day) and she repeated her self, sounding more angry and hung up on me. Apparently she doesn't pay attention for the entire 2 minutes she stays in the room with you, and takes terrible notes on your situation. I felt more like a burden that she was doing a favor by gracing me with her presence than a patient. She was always very disinterested and seemed annoyed when i asked a question or needed a prescription. She's crazy if she thinks treating a patient this way will keep them coming back. I wish I would have looked on this website before switching to her, I could have saved myself some time. She may think that patients are dispensable and she can always get more, but that goes both ways. There are plenty of Endocrinologists around, count me out of The Prasuna Jami Show!

October 18th, 2013
Wouldn't let my dog see this lady. Very rude.

June 24th, 2013
Would not advise anyone to go to her. Seems to be some major communication problems between her and her staff.

March 2nd, 2013
She has compassion for her patients, I am impressed with her bedside manners and I liked the fact that she is very honest and explains patients clearly the problem and the options of treatment. I have not met a physician who takes this much effort to educate the patient about diabetes.

February 24th, 2013
Dr. Jami has no bedside manner. She told me there was nothing else she could do for me, and the prescription for insulin she wrote for me wasn't enough to last me the whole month. She doesn't listen, and doesn't seem to have any interest in the patient. I had a panic attack in her office, and she actually had to leave the room because she was getting so rude with me. I always had to wait at least an hour after my appointment time to get into a room.