Dr. Pratap Singhal MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

October 22nd, 2014
Mr
Hands down the WORST experience I have ever had at any venue. This due to Susan, the doctors wife and office manager. She is abrasive, uncaring, unconcerned, unkind, unpleasant and toxic at every level. She will not enter a dialog with the patient to ask what their problem is or the reason for the visit. Setting up an appointment as a new patient proved a monumental task. I sent my info three times. Three times Sue claimed she did not received it. Sue cares that you have insurance coverage and you will be able to pay the bill. I called my provider asking help to get my info accepted. Unknown to Sue the insurance provider set up a conference call. They called and after giving my name Sue said she would need my info please send it. That makes four attempts! I chimed in at this point and said "this the same person you spoke to yesterday the day before and the day before that"! Only then did she say "oh yes, I have it" Since she had contact with the insurance provider in the past for some reason she was annoyed they were calling. She launched into a barrage of questions to which she was determined to have answered. She asked the person on the phone: What is the name of your company, Who are you, what is your name, how do you spell it, what is your email address, what is your phone number, what is the web site address" and so on. She did set up my appointment. I was three days without heart med's at this point. The day before my appointment I called to informed Sue I had answered all her question, would fill out any paperwork they had in order the office receive payment but do not keep asking me if I have any other insurance as I did not. I repeated this when I showed up in person the next day saying I will not answer any more questions about insurance until you ask me the reason for my visit. The next question she asked was " are you working"? This of course a prelude to do you have a second insurance plan. My response was "it's none of your business" which she repeated aloud. Never once asking the reason for my visit. I filled out the new patient form and placed a clean piece of paper on top of it which read. I AM HERE FOR A REFERRAL TO DR XYZ I AM HERE TO GET MY PRESCRIPTIONS FILLED. After an hours wait I was called to see the doctor. There at his side was my intake folder with my note clipped to it's top. The doctors first words were "What are you here for, how can I help you" OMG I was done. The doctor is pleasant and helped me with my prescription. The few patients I overheard in the waiting room had similar complaints with one stating she " always feels she is treated like a prisoner" when visiting the office. This image rang true, Susan would be better suited as a cafeteria worker in a prison.

May 2nd, 2014
Patient

August 8th, 2013
My 86 year old mother goes to this doctor and he is incompetent. I wish I could convince her to change doctors, but she won't. She has asthma which he is unable to control. He gave her a shot today which she didn't need since she just had the same shot 10 months ago, but he neglected to look in her records beforehand. I have spoken to his wife, who works in the office, on the phone and she is extremely rude. I have also spoken to him on the phone and his is not much better. Stay away from this doctor.

March 19th, 2013
Dr. Singhal is an amazing doctor. He cares for the every need of his patients. He always makes sure that his patients are happy. Although his wife can be a bit overwhelming at times during an office visit. The most important thing is the doctor and how he treats you and Dr. Singhal is a loving and caring doctor who has your happiness and health at hands always.

February 6th, 2013
extremely rude wife, inappropriate comments from doctor
I went there a few times and everytime I was there I waited for atleast 45 mins and everytime I spoke to him he tried to sell me his books or hypnosis. wife is extremely rude and condescending,always acting as if your bothering her,she yells at the nurse in an inappropriate manner. Dr singhal makes inappropriate statements such as "oh you have tattoos I don't wanna touch you until you have an aids test". makes rude comments about tattoos and piercings.

May 2nd, 2012
Been going to Dr. Pratap for 3 years
Pros:Conveniently located to my officeCons:His wife is part of his admin staff. She is horrible. She has no customer service skills. She is rude and completely ruins the experience.Overbooks patients. You wait min 30mins to 1 hour.He tries to up-sell you his hypnosis and other crap. It should be illegal to do so.The only reason I go like i said, is it's close to my office and usually I can get a same day appointment but regardless will have to wait 1 hour.