Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Waste of time and suffering  |  show details
by Christine W. on Feb 20th, 2013

When I first began seeing Dr. Ram, I liked her. She seemed personable and competent. Then, once I realized that she was adamantly unwilling to treat me for what I had been diagnosed with YEARS AGO and by a physician with much better credentials than hers, that quickly changed. If you have a legitimate problem that requires any type of Class II drug, she is NOT the doctor for you and will deny that you even have that issue. After attempting to discuss this with her, and receiving extremely snarky replies for my efforts, I have realized that Dr. Ram would rather I continue to suffer than admit that she has misdiagnosed me willfully. I have fought my symptoms for almost two years, and I am tired of suffering. Contrary to this doctor's personal beliefs, having a legitimate need for a controlled substance (that I have not even been able to get prescribed to me for FOUR YEARS) in no way makes me an addict looking to pharm. She made me feel like a begging, useless piece of stupid trash. If you suffer from anything other than simple depression, do not bother with this doctor. You will be wasting your time and potential mental well-being.

|  wrong diagnosis  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

My husband was a patient of Mrs.(I don't consider her a Dr.) Rams' untill the first of this year when he attempted a suicide and had to be put on life support at UK. for 4 days. As long as he looked good she would only brag on how well he was doing even though I would try to tell her he wasn't doing well at all. She had him on 3 anti-psychotic meds.and diagnosed with Alzheimers. The Dr.s' at UK said the diagnosis was wrong and took him off all the meds she put him on. Maybe at one time she might have been a Dr. but she has definitely not one now. My husband is waiting right now to get into the Sanders And Brown ageing center in Lexington so we can get a right diagnosis. Don't let this woman put your family through what we had to go through with. Your life is worth more than any value she will ever give it.

|  Troubled Teen  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2011

I took my 15 year old son to see her. He was having trouble focusing, completing task,even things that he enjoyed, very agitated, mood swings that were drastic and verbally abusive. He comes from a very stable environment and wasn't aloud to have these outburst.His father and I tried every punishment imaginable without success. He has two older siblings who went through puberty mildly. His oldest brother has a full scholarship to the University of Kentucky and the second brother, who is 16, wants to persue a career in music. To make a long story short, within 15 minutes she concluded that he didn't have any emotional problem, such as ADHD or bipolar. I was told in front of him that people in southeastern Kentucky don't value education or disciplinning their children! Does anyone know of a GOOD psychiatrist that would help! If all 3 or even 2 of my children were like this, then maybe she could have said this were a discipline problem.

|  One of the worst psychiatrist  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2011

I have had multiple bad experiences with Dr Ram. My wife use to see her for depression. Dr Ram was very unsympathetic and once when my wife was near suicidal(looking back now we know it she was going through with draw cause Dr Ram had taken her off her antidepressant cold turkey)Dr Ram showed no concern and offered no help. I have also witnessed Dr Ram care through my job supporting adults with intellectual disabilities. I was amazed how often she messed up her prescriptions and how poorly keep records of the medications she prescribed. I feel strongly that Dr Ram is an accident waiting to happen.

|  show details
Feb 4th, 2011

This has got to be the rudest woman I have ever met. She has such a bad attitude and snurls at you if you say anything. She will talk down to you like you are beneath her and a waste of her time. I had to wait in her office for an hour past my appointment every time, only to be taken to a room where I had to wait for another half hour and then she comes in and stares at records for 10 minutes and leaves. She doesn't even talk to you or want to prescribe medicine. She told me to stop taking my medicine and never offered to put me on anything else. What a waste of money and time this Dr is.

Doctor's Response

Patients have to wait at this office because Dr. Ram takes time with her patients to discuss their problems, and then makes a professional opinion about a patients medications. Sorry your experience wasn't enjoyable.

|  Effexor  |  show details
Dec 28th, 2010

My mother saw Dr. Ram a total of three times the first time she saw my mom she took her off of anti depressant Effexor and her anti anxiety medication Xanax cold turkey..and did not replace them with anything....I had to come from Texas to KY to take care of my mother.She almost died as a result of Dr. Ram actions. We saw my mothers Heart Dr. the same day we saw Dr. Ram we told him what had happened and he said my mother could have died very easily and he could not believe a Dr. would do that and suggested I file a complaint to the Ky Board of Medicine....Which I am doing.I have been in the medical profession for 30 plus years and I have never in all my time see a office as unprofessional as this office was.If it was up to me this office would be closed..If this doctor did this once she has and will do it again.

|  Office Staff  |  show details
by Luciana Shannon on Mar 23rd, 2010

Dr. Ram is a great dr but her office policy is stupid. My father been battle a terminal illnesses since 2005 because I couldn't make it to three appts due to my dad in the hospital and the last one due to his death, the office wouldn't allow me to make another appt. So unless you have a life where nothing ever comes up that wasn't planned don't see her.

Doctor's Response

I'm sorry for your bad experience with out office, but we don't actually dismiss patients unless they miss multiple appointments without a 24-hour notice and when they don't provide a reasonable excuse. For your circumstance, I'm unsure of the reason for your dismissal - perhaps past employees.

|  super good!  |  show details
by melissa on Aug 24th, 2009

my wife has REAL nerve problems, was in need of meds, was referred by dr.kahn,she was taken strait in no wait on app. or no wait in office. correct meds were given,also is helping 100% on her ssi claim.i recommend her 100% she will help anyway she can. SUPER NICE!!!

Doctor's Response

I'm glad you had a pleasant experience with us! Unfortunately wait times have increased quite a bit due to such a large patient load, we're taking in a lot of new patients.

|  "Why are you crying???"  |  show details
by Ashley on Mar 11th, 2008

Dr. Ram is one of the most cold hearted, self centered individuals I have ever come in contact with. I went to her seeking help. I suffer from depression and panic disorder and was at the end of my rope. Since I couldn't stop crying I decided to write down what had recently been troubling me. As she was reading, I began to cry. "Uhhh, Why are you crying?", She asked in an awful tone of voice. "I'm just so sad," I said to her. "PLEASE HELP ME," I begged. I had been on the same dosage of the same medication for almost 3 years and I was due for a change. She wouldn't change my medication because she said it wasn't going to help me. She also stated that nothing was going to help me. Basically saying that I was a lost cause. I think everyone should feel a sort of comfort with there psychiatrist. Because she made me feel like there was no help for me, I ended up in a psych ward two days after my last visit with her. Thankfully, the therapists, nurses, and psychiatrist there were wonderful, plain outstanding people. I got the help I needed with no help from Dr.Ram.