Dr. Prathiba Ram MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Memphis, TN

2.4

July 26th, 2016
Rude Ram
Your wait will be over 2 1/2 hrs. Then she is rude to you if you speak to her about your health. She above everyone and does not care what you have to say. She over charges the Medicare and cut clients meds. She has kicked patients out of office without regards to their need to be there.

July 24th, 2016
Uncaring doctor
Will not try to find out what kind of meds you should be on or what are your symptoms, I left her office a crying. There is one lady that works there in front that is nice but she is the only one. I would not ask any of my family or friends to see her. She is a uncaring doctor.

July 20th, 2016
Disgusted!!
Dr. Ram is very mean and rude!! Condescending to patient! Belittles the patient! She does not even know the patient and makes a judgement about patient! It is sad when a patient leaves her office feeling worse than when they came! Patient felt horrible when they left her office! Unbeliveable attitude from Dr. Ram! Very, very rude and mean! All she did was criticize the patient and the caregiver! She tried to analyze the cargiver! She would ask a question and then would NOT give patient enough time to answer and she would interupt them while they were speaking! She even ROLLED HER EYES and walked away when caregiver was answering her qustion! So very unprofessional!! I will NEVER, NEVER recommend her nor go back to her! We are finding another doctor asap! Patient and caregiver left in tears! All she did was accuse and assume! She does not know nor does she care about the patient! She does not give patient time to explain their "problems". She does not know the patient nor what that patient has to endure on a daily basis. She makes like the patient's life is "nothing"!! The patient needs their medication to function and focus and she threatened to take it away!! She needs her license taken away!

June 8th, 2016
Inconsistency.
She is inconsistent with her patients. She will say one thing and do another type of doctor. It's like she does not remember what she said to you before about her plan to treat you. My first visit was okay, but then my experience with her started to decline.

February 9th, 2016
If I could give negative stars, I would. This woman shouldn't have any control in the psychiatric welfare of others, whatsoever. I would hate to think of the amount of people whom have gone to her and left feeling worse than they did when they went in. She literally made me want to end my life.

December 20th, 2015
This dr. Is rude, hateful, she speaks, but you do not. I thought that was the whole point. If you are severely depressed, do not go, because you will worse off. She will belittle you and make you feel you're supposed to feel honored to be in her presence. No one should practice medicine and be allowed to treat people so rudely. Also, she takes u off meds. That if they are stopped abruptly, u can die. What does that teel you??

February 20th, 2013
Waste of time and suffering
When I first began seeing Dr. Ram, I liked her. She seemed personable and competent. Then, once I realized that she was adamantly unwilling to treat me for what I had been diagnosed with YEARS AGO and by a physician with much better credentials than hers, that quickly changed. If you have a legitimate problem that requires any type of Class II drug, she is NOT the doctor for you and will deny that you even have that issue. After attempting to discuss this with her, and receiving extremely snarky replies for my efforts, I have realized that Dr. Ram would rather I continue to suffer than admit that she has misdiagnosed me willfully. I have fought my symptoms for almost two years, and I am tired of suffering. Contrary to this doctor's personal beliefs, having a legitimate need for a controlled substance (that I have not even been able to get prescribed to me for FOUR YEARS) in no way makes me an addict looking to pharm. She made me feel like a begging, useless piece of stupid trash. If you suffer from anything other than simple depression, do not bother with this doctor. You will be wasting your time and potential mental well-being.

June 12th, 2012
wrong diagnosis
My husband was a patient of Mrs.(I don't consider her a Dr.) Rams' untill the first of this year when he attempted a suicide and had to be put on life support at UK. for 4 days. As long as he looked good she would only brag on how well he was doing even though I would try to tell her he wasn't doing well at all. She had him on 3 anti-psychotic meds.and diagnosed with Alzheimers. The Dr.s' at UK said the diagnosis was wrong and took him off all the meds she put him on. Maybe at one time she might have been a Dr. but she has definitely not one now. My husband is waiting right now to get into the Sanders And Brown ageing center in Lexington so we can get a right diagnosis. Don't let this woman put your family through what we had to go through with. Your life is worth more than any value she will ever give it.

October 24th, 2011
Troubled Teen
I took my 15 year old son to see her. He was having trouble focusing, completing task,even things that he enjoyed, very agitated, mood swings that were drastic and verbally abusive. He comes from a very stable environment and wasn't aloud to have these outburst.His father and I tried every punishment imaginable without success. He has two older siblings who went through puberty mildly. His oldest brother has a full scholarship to the University of Kentucky and the second brother, who is 16, wants to persue a career in music. To make a long story short, within 15 minutes she concluded that he didn't have any emotional problem, such as ADHD or bipolar. I was told in front of him that people in southeastern Kentucky don't value education or disciplinning their children! Does anyone know of a GOOD psychiatrist that would help! If all 3 or even 2 of my children were like this, then maybe she could have said this were a discipline problem.

October 1st, 2011
One of the worst psychiatrist
I have had multiple bad experiences with Dr Ram. My wife use to see her for depression. Dr Ram was very unsympathetic and once when my wife was near suicidal(looking back now we know it she was going through with draw cause Dr Ram had taken her off her antidepressant cold turkey)Dr Ram showed no concern and offered no help. I have also witnessed Dr Ram care through my job supporting adults with intellectual disabilities. I was amazed how often she messed up her prescriptions and how poorly keep records of the medications she prescribed. I feel strongly that Dr Ram is an accident waiting to happen.

February 4th, 2011
This has got to be the rudest woman I have ever met. She has such a bad attitude and snurls at you if you say anything. She will talk down to you like you are beneath her and a waste of her time. I had to wait in her office for an hour past my appointment every time, only to be taken to a room where I had to wait for another half hour and then she comes in and stares at records for 10 minutes and leaves. She doesn't even talk to you or want to prescribe medicine. She told me to stop taking my medicine and never offered to put me on anything else. What a waste of money and time this Dr is.
Doctor's Response

Patients have to wait at this office because Dr. Ram takes time with her patients to discuss their problems, and then makes a professional opinion about a patients medications. Sorry your experience wasn't enjoyable.

December 28th, 2010
Effexor
My mother saw Dr. Ram a total of three times the first time she saw my mom she took her off of anti depressant Effexor and her anti anxiety medication Xanax cold turkey..and did not replace them with anything....I had to come from Texas to KY to take care of my mother.She almost died as a result of Dr. Ram actions. We saw my mothers Heart Dr. the same day we saw Dr. Ram we told him what had happened and he said my mother could have died very easily and he could not believe a Dr. would do that and suggested I file a complaint to the Ky Board of Medicine....Which I am doing.I have been in the medical profession for 30 plus years and I have never in all my time see a office as unprofessional as this office was.If it was up to me this office would be closed..If this doctor did this once she has and will do it again.