Dr. Prathibha Chandrasekaran MD Patient Reviews

2.3

• Good
  • Bad

June 12th, 2017
Waited so long to see doctor finally had to walk out after waiting over an hour and a half.
Arrived on time for a 1:00 appointment. After 45 min. Asked the staff how long it would be and they just did there are some patients ahead of you. After an hour, asked the staff how much longer it would be and was told the doctor doesn't inform them when she is running behind schedule. An hour and 35 min later finally was so fed up with the wait and lack of information, walked out and told the staff we would not be coming back. Called primary doctor and told him to send a referral to anyone else, even if it means driving to the next city over. There's a reason this office has 1 star ratings everywhere you look online.

November 2nd, 2016
I'm a bit old school when it comes to a doctor where I plan on continuing my doctor /patient relationship. I look for someone that is genuinely interested in what I have to say, not make me feel rushed, and forthcoming with information. I found that with Dr. Chandrasekan. I will continue to see her, as we as refer family members and friends with complete confidence.

October 4th, 2016
Just...wow
Please. Please. Do yourself a favor...do not put yourself at risk by visiting this callous and unprofessional "doctor". Not only did I feel like I feel robbed by her company, I felt as if this doctor didn't even complete her job or care. Please go somewhere else. I will be seeking legal advisers to stop her and her"questionable practice".

September 29th, 2016
would not recommend this doctor
I was referred to Dr. Chandra by my primary physician for GI issues. My first contact with Dr. Chandra's office was a call from her office staff wanting to confirm my appointment for my Endoscopy procedure. WHAT? I never got a consultation with this doctor and was given an appointment for an endoscopy procedure without my knowledge. When I tried to get answers to my many questions.. the office staff was rude and kept putting me on hold. My calls were disconnected several times until I finally was able to talk to one person who told me that their practice is to a procedure without a first appointment.If I wanted a consult with the doctor I could request one. REALLY??? This was surprising to me..This doctor had no knowledge of my medical history or current symptoms. Needless to say I cancelled the appointment and am in the process of finding another GI doctor to look at my issues. There is no way I can trust a doctor whom I have never met and is all but too willing to do a procedure without even knowing my symptoms. Also, I found the office staff to be lacking in customer service and basic communication skills. Also note that the star rating is wrong.. I would have chosen 0 stars but that is not an option in this survey.

December 1st, 2015
Terrible experience and rude, rude, rude!!!
My new primary care physician sent me to this doctor for an endoscopy. I was never called to set up an appointment. Instead, I was sent all the paperwork, with my appointment time, in the mail. Everyone in this office was rude, extremely unprofessional, and incompetent. Some rude girl took me back and told me that Dr. ?? (she spoke too fast to understand the name) would be right with me. It wasn't the doctor I was supposed to see so, when I said I was supposed to see Dr. Chandra, she looked at me like I was crazy and told me THREE times that they didn't have a doctor by that name there. She ran off and left me standing there. She came back a few minutes later and said, "Come in here." She took me into another room and went about things like nothing was wrong. No one ever asked me my name, birthdate, or what I was in for. What a JOKE! I've never encountered such a bunch of incompetent idiots as I did here! I thought, maybe, the doctor would be better (considering I love my new primary doc.) NOPE! Not the case, she was rude and acted like anything I had to say, wasn't important. I told her medical assistant (the same rude one that took me back) that the combination of versed and fentanyl didn't work on me but I got the IV and the combo anyway. Of course, it didn't work. The doctor shoved the mouth piece in my face and told me if I felt like I was going to gag, to bite down on it. She was very rough and acted like I was a number, not a human. Now, I have a follow-up appointment to get my results, on the biopsies she took. I'd rather have a root canal than go back here but I need my results! I wouldn't recommend these inconsiderate, rude, unprofessional people to anyone, for any reason. I will NEVER go back for any kind of procedure and I will be letting my new doctor know EXACTLY what I think of this doctor and her employees!!

October 1st, 2015
Ms.
This is the most unprofessional physician I have encountered. Please seek another gastroenterologist for help. She should not be allowed to practice medicine as she is thoroughly incompetent.

July 27th, 2015
I can't believe she is a doctor. I have doubts that she even passed the medical boards.

June 26th, 2015
I've never even written a review, but wanted as many people to know and avoid this doctor at all costs. I will be pursuring legal action against her, additionally. I want to do whatever I can to protect the public from further experiences.
Repeated horrible experiences with this doctor. Screwed up a procedure by not sedating me WHATSOEVER for an endoscopy (after insisting she would) missed obvious things that could have been potentially life threatening if not quickly addressed by another doctor. (I TOLD her about said symptoms) Denied my report of symptoms, continually dismissing me. Was extremely rude and disrespectful

October 9th, 2014
Unprofessional
She seems professional at an office consultation, but she performed an endoscopy on me and was horrible. She seems to rush through procedures without helping the patients feel comfortable. I wasn't yet completely sedated when she started the procedure at which point I started crying and in panic and she just told me "don't fight it" as she proceeded to shove the medical device down my throat. It was a terrible experience. If you want avoid feeling like you're getting second class medical care by her and her untrained staff, do not see her at Los Palos Endoscopy Center in Salinas.

July 26th, 2017