Dr. Praveen Kambam Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Praveen Kambam?

Adult ADHD

Adult ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Praveen Kambam?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 15th, 2017

Very happy with this psychiatrist

I have seen many doctors as I have moved a few times in my life. I shopped around in LA but after not really doing how I thought I should be, I got referred to Dr. Kambam by a couple of different providers. He has been nothing short of excellent. Practical, caring, responsive, smart, collaborative, and a kind man.

September 23rd, 2015

Big fan of Dr K

Really a great listener and very insightful. The tools he has provided me with to help my anxiety have made a big difference. He is first dr I have seen who has cared about treating the root of my issues rather instead of just covering with meds. Knows his stuff. Highly recommend.

August 16th, 2015

A+++ doc

I was referred to Dr. K by a friend of mine who currently sees him and spoke very highly of him. I'm glad I listened. He is truly a top-notch physician who is very caring and easy to talk to. He's always been very professional and prompt. He is very knowledgeable and helped me sort through my medications and make my psychotherapy the most useful it has ever been. He wasn't on my insurance and is a little pricey but definitely worth every penny.

July 10th, 2015

Ok so he arrives late and makes you wait. He was good at returning calls . In regards to filling out prescriptions he was alright. He listens to you unlike most doctors and gives you 45 minutes which is a bargain for the 200 dollars he charges compared to other doctors. However, he left me hanging and stop seeing me for no reason. I think he didn't like the fact that I decided I wanted to continue lowering my medication. We had agreed that this was okay until a certain dosage. I got off one medication which he didn't think I would be able to do on my own in a slow way with his help. He wanted to put me on a very high dosage of that medication which was making me sleep all day, thankfully I was strong enough to know that he was wrong and that I knew better. In the end I got off that medication. I was getting off the other medication in a successful way and he stop returning my calls. In other words if I end up relapsing it is going to be his fault. I would not recommend him he also works with Marc mcdonald and dr ali enayati who unfortunately are very shady characters. Dr ali anayati for instance billed me twice the amount of money he should have billed me and it wasn't until I protested that he lowered the price. My advice stay away from these three doctors.

December 9th, 2014

Our Prayers Have Been Answered

My teenaged son has been seeing Dr.  Kambam for several months now and the difference in his level of functioning is like night and day.  Dr. K has been instrumental in getting my son's mood swings under control and his ability to relate to young people is head and shoulders above the five (5!!!) doctors we've tried in the past.  It seems that my son really respects him and is much easier to get along with these days.  He is the best of the best and I highly recommend.

September 7th, 2014

Excellent doc

I highly recommend Dr. Kambam for anyone looking for a great psych doctor. A+. He really helped me out and is such a nice, smart, caring, humble, and practical doctor. I especially like how he does a great job of explaining what's going on and the reasoning for a treatment option then gets you involved in the decision process. Wish he was on insurance but for shrinks in this town you have to pay out of insurance for the good ones.

August 31st, 2014

Came recommended, but seemed easily frustrated and a bit like a know-it-all. Although many doctors are like this, could probably do better.

July 17th, 2014

We tried a few different psychiatrists in town, but Dr. K really helped out our family. Just a superb doctor! We were so pleased with him that when one of my friends was struggling, I referred her to him and has been doing better than I have seen her in a long, long time.

January 2nd, 2014

Really great caring doctor

Very professional and caring. I highly recommend him.

March 30th, 2012

Dr. K is fantastic. Met many psychiatrists in town and he knows what he's doing, is a normal person, listens, and gets you better. He explains everything and works in a collaborative way, you feel like you have a partner and expert consultant in getting things on track. Top marks. He sees kids and adults, and testifies in court.

December 30th, 2011

An outstanding doctor. I'm really glad that I found him. He is knowledgeable, explains things clearly, and seems very caring and normal.

September 29th, 2011

A needle in a hay stack

I am a new patient of Dr. Kambam, and he has been the saving grace in diagnosing and treating my Bipolar 1 disorder. My first visit I was severely depressed & suicidal from being improperly diagnosed. He is a wonderful & caring person who listens & displays sensitivity. LA Dr's are abundant, Dr's like Kambam are few and far between.