Dr. Pravin Khemani MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 7th, 2015
I was sent to Khemani for an second opinion by my family doc. He seems to be well regarded by his peers but I'd have to agree with the other review stating Dr. Khemani is rude and arrogant. He can be very difficult to work with -doctor to patient relationship wise -or get anything productive out of if he deems you are a patient or have a diagnosis that isn't worth his time or within his interests. I overheard him talking about a patient in an negative manner with his staff at my 2nd appointment. His my chart messages frequently come off as arrogant. He doesn't hesitate to literally bring into question the competency of other treating physicians if their diagnosis doesn't match his opinion. It's more than ok for experts to disagree on cases or offer an different opinion but to bring into question the compentency of other (more than one) physician specialist/ sub-specialist who are experts in their own right - just seemed unprofessional. I've never encountered this in a physician before. Parts of his neurological exam are unorthodox involving placing your palms face down on his palms while he closes his eyes looks at the ceiling and instructs you to close your eyes and take deep relaxing breaths with him -for a very very awkward silent 30-60 seconds....it is some sort of a brief meditation or relaxation technique he uses prior to examining you. It's very odd. In ten years I have never had a prior neuro or any physician do this. I hung in there hoping things would change but I'll probably continue with my neuro at Baylor.

August 4th, 2015
Rude and arrogant; hysterical. I really believe that any of his good reviews are written by himself

June 4th, 2015
He was the most personalized M.D. I've ever been to.