Obstetrician & Gynecologist

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Esther on Jan 29th, 2015

She had me pay up front in full for my visit, then sent me a bill later that showed she had also billed my insurance and asking me for more money. She also refused to give me the results of my lab test over the phone saying I had to come in, but when I accused her of doing this just to try and bill me for another office visit, she admitted that I didn't really need to come in. I am getting the results directly from the lab.

Very Nice show details Very Nice
Jul 16th, 2014

I am surprised at the few negative reviews posted. I want to write to empower other women and let them know, they should be fearless in Dr. Prema's hands. After suffering from two miscarriages Dr. Prema had made my third pregnancy stress free. She was very considerate and compassionate knowing the fear of loosing another pregnancy. Dr. Prema gave me strength and hope to put me at ease. The nurses and staff were also understanding and caring. Dr. Prema answered all of my concerns and was quick and efficient with my prenatal care. She put my worries to rest, and was on top of things and incredibly thorough with all the test, etc. The delivery itself was amazing, she stayed in the hospital as my labor progressed for many hours not leaving and attending her office like some physicians would. Dr. Prema delivered my beautiful daughter. My postnatal care was also great. Dr. Prema stills continues with my annual exams and notifies me when it's time for the next exam. If your looking for a professional, caring, and want all of yours concerns addressed, she is the one. All I can say, "trust your body with her".

Comfortable show details Comfortable
Jul 4th, 2014

I feel blessed to have Dr. Prema as my physician. She performed a surgery for me a few weeks ago at Huntington Hospital in Pasadena. Dr. Prema's loving, warm, and reassuring presence calmed me and made me feel comfortable. The surgery went extremely well due to Dr. Prema's excellent surgical skills. (She is Yale trained.) I work in the health care industry and call on OBGYN's all across the Los Angeles area, and Dr. Prema is the doctor I picked for myself because she is the best there is. She embodies the love, the care, and the intelligence you would want from your health care provider.

Jan 24th, 2012

We have been there few times during pregnancy. The doctor and staff are very friendly. I will defenitely recomment this doctor.

Best doctor for Incontinence show details Best doctor for Incontinence
Jul 21st, 2011

I wish I had done this surgery 10 years ago. Prema diagnosed the problem, gave me the options and decided to do the sling procedure. I got my freedom back ;-). Highly recommended!

EXCELLENT! show details EXCELLENT!
May 11th, 2011

Amazed by all of the negative comments, but please don't judge her by them. Dr. Prema and her staff are amazing! Dr. Prema is an outstanding doctor who genuinely cares for her patients. She always gives you her undivided attention and makes you feel at ease. Dr. Prema transmits a sense of serenity and peace that is exactly what one needs during a doctors visit. Thank you for being and extraordinary doctor whom I have completely trusted throughout my first pregnancy and now with my second

Rushed and forgetful show details Rushed and forgetful
Oct 18th, 2010

I have had good appointments and bad appointments. I decided to leave her care in my third trimester because she would look me in the eyes in the office and say "I will see you next time" when we make an appointment in the office, and then I would end up with the NP. She also forgot my due date and used a completely different one without explaining why. I am high risk and it is unacceptable to not see her every time. It would be 8 weeks to see her and I am 34 weeks. She kept sticking me with the NP. She seemed distracted and rushed during my appointments when she bothered to show up for them.

Sep 21st, 2010

VISITING DR PREMAS OFFICE WAS A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. THE STAFF IS VERY NICE,BUT THE DR DOES NOT TAKE TIME WITH THE PTS.I HAD A APPOINTMENT AT 10:00AM AND THE DR DIDNT ARRIVE UNTIL 11:15 AM. SHE RUSHED THROUGH THE APPT TO TRY AND GET ME OUT. I DO NOT RECOMEND THIS DR FOR ANY OB CARE.

Jul 28th, 2010

typical wait is 1 hour and than she rushes you out the door before you can ask questions. Her staff is also utterly useless.

Apr 27th, 2010

the girls in the front are not very friendly and rude and they are not very helpful. They don't give you a whole lot of information and I had the one to be asking for my prenatal prescription. No one ever offered to ask me if I needed prenatal vitamins. Dr Prema is a nice lady but the staff I feel does a lousy job and the wait time takes forever, I don't even know why I bother to make appointments when they never see me on time anyways. I spend more time waiting to see the doctor than the doctor spending time with me. I will never go back to this office again.

Disappointing show details Disappointing
by Disappointed patient on May 26th, 2009

The wait is very long, the staff is unprofessional, the office is managed very poorly, if you leave a message, no call backs, time with the doctor is very minimal, etc.Overall, very bad service.

Great doctor show details Great doctor
Oct 18th, 2008

I saw Dr. Preema because I was worried about a lump I had discovered in my breast, even though a mammogram and US came back negative. She determined the lump was nothing to worry about and was able to clearly explain to me her reasoning, something that had lacked from the first doctor I saw. She didn't rush me and showed a lot of compassion. I will definitely continue seeing Dr. Preema.