A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Preston Purdum:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Preston Purdum is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Preston Purdum, FACG, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Transplantation
- Portal Hypertension
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Purdum graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Purdum has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Presb Orthopaedic Hospital
- Carolinas Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Preston Pemberton Purdum FACG and MD is a male Internist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- Where does Dr. Preston P. Purdum practice?
- Dr. Preston Purdum has 1 office location.
Dr. Preston Purdum practices Gastroenterology and Hepatology near Charlotte, NC.
See Charlotte Gastroenterologists and Charlotte Hepatologists.