A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Preston Rich:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Preston Rich, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Respiratory Failure
Education & Awards
Dr. Rich graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond.
Dr. Rich has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill
- Chatham Hospital
- University of North Carolina Hospitals
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Rich accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina - 9 plans
- Humana - 7 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Preston B. Rich practice?
Dr. Preston Rich practices Surgery and Surgical Critical Care near Chapel Hill, NC.
See Chapel Hill Surgeons.