Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

Dyker Heights
705 86th St
Brooklyn, NY 11228
718-980-9898
Locations and availability (5)

by Heba' on Sep 30th, 2013

He is a horrible doctor All he cares how to make more money. I don't recommend any one To go there. People who Works there are very rude too . I wasted my time by going there he is not a doctor he is just a business man all he cares how to collect money ... Money..

|  Does not wait to hear you  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2012

It was my first visit after being in the ER last week and being told to have a colonoscopy follow up. I chose him bc he was in-network and close to home. What a huge mistake!! I waited an hour to see him (which I would not have at all minded if he didn't rush in and rush out after seeing me) and the first thing he did when he came into the room to meet with me was look at his watch. He asked what I was there for, but cut me off two sentences into my answer while I was telling him why I was admitted to the ER the previous week. He didn't bother to check my chart before speaking with me and asked me who in my family had colon cancer. When I told him "my father's mother" he said 5 minutes later....."ok so you said your father had colon cancer..." and preceded to write it down. Again, I said "no, my paternal grandmother, not my father". Again, evidence of not listening. When I told him I used a suppository and laxatives to try and go to the bathroom he said "you should never take those, what were you thinking?" He touched my stomach over my shirt (I guess he's that good that he can assess my colon while palpating over a shirt-sarcastic). He didn't even auscultate with a stethoscope! Just two fingers over a shirt!!! He took me out and said that he was going to schedule me for a colonoscopy, however handed me off to the secretaries in the front who had to try their best to explain the need for 3 prescriptions and how the procedure would go. Am I paying money to have a high school student explain what the procedures are???!!! The Doctor meanwhile went into another patient's room. I waited for him to come out bc I had a question about a prescription and wanted to know why I needed it when I was already on colace (which he failed to inquire about secondary to his severe lack of bedside manner and listening skills). His explanation "just take it, it's mandatory so you don't get backed up" and walked into another room. I threw out the prescriptions and am not going back for the procedure. If he was that quick with me day 1, I can just imagine how fast he will do my colonoscopy while Im under anesthesia. He will most definitely miss things with my scope. I am a doctor myself and have never seen such disregard for patient care and poor listening skills. Listening is the key to finding out what the root cause of the problem is. How can he properly assess me if he was the one doing all the talking? In addition, just a rude man and terrible experience. Bedside manner is non-existant. He will be getting no more copayments from me and certainly no procedures. I don't care if I have to drive a bit further or wait longer for an appointment in order to find a good gastroenterologist who will take his/her time with me and most certainly not under-diagnose me bc of a mere lack of concern and listening.

Oct 13th, 2011

Great doctor..great office with so much experience I will recommend him to friends and family members.....

|  HE IS AWESOME  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2011

Dr. Rampersaud rocks my socks

|  The most caring doctor I've ever met  |  show details
by Patricia Sepulveda on Mar 14th, 2011

I was in extreme pain, he met me within an hour at the hospital. He permits a scope within a 1:2 hour of that. Dr. Rampersaud then prescribed proper meds. I was better within days. I had been to ER 3 times the previous week. I was misdiagnosed and sent home. I ended up admitted and this man came or sent an associate every day I was there. I am healing and feeling much better thanks to him.

Sep 3rd, 2010

only cares about making $$$$$$$$ never calls you back.lets staff make important decisions????.very bad problem there.wouldnt reccomend for a pet.