Dr. Priscilla Chen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 29th, 2013
Don't let Dr. Chen waste your time!
If I could, I would give Dr. Priscilla Chen a zero star rating. We visited her to rule out an issue that runs in the family. Blood tests came back indicating that our son hadn't inherited spherocytosis but despite our main concern no longer being an issue, Dr. Chen insisted we take him to Primary Children's ER and be checked by a specialist anyway. This call came at 7 PM on a Sunday. I asked if this was really necessary or if we could wait until normal hours and avoid the ER or visit a hospital that was closer for the test (we passed several hospitals on our 45 min drive to Primary Children's) but she insisted that we go to the ER tonight. When pressed for an explanation of what they were going to test for I got no good answers, just an insistence that he go see the specialist. Well, after wasting my entire evening & a hugely expensive ER co-pay I got confirmation that there was nothing wrong! It's wasteful Drs like this that make insurance so expensive! I'm also still upset about how difficult it was to get any feedback from her as to why she was insisting that we go to Primary Children's and wouldn't tell us what she even wanted them to check. I do not recommend Dr. Pricilla Chen in the slightest!

February 11th, 2011
Dr. Chen is awesome!
Dr. Chen has been my children's doctor for the past couple of years now and my kids love her, as do I. She is very professional, very concerned and caring and funny!Thank you Dr. Chen for taking such good care of my children.