Internists, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile
East Dallas
Endocrinology Center at Baylor
3600 Gaston Ave
Ste 656
Dallas, TX 75246
214-820-3466
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

by Michelle on Apr 25th, 2014

Great Care - Very knowledgeable - Great Customer service !!!!!

|  patient  |  show details
by Ben Adkins on Feb 20th, 2014

I like her alot..

|  Fabulous care!  |  show details
by Julie T. on Jan 10th, 2014

Dr. Hollander has been my endocrinologist for many years. I chose her because she is located near my office but I have stayed with her because she is an outstanding doc. She is highly regarded and stays on top of the very latest information about diabetic care and treatment. She also is compassionate and kind. Her advice is the best. With all diabetic care, the patient must follow the doctor's advice. She can't do it for her patients, but she certainly cares and does more than her fair share in maintaining high quality patient care!

|  cushion disease  |  show details
by elerine mcmurry on Jul 25th, 2013

I was referred by primary doctor Joe Phipps he dud excellent diagnose and referred me to one of the best endocrinologist. She confirmed and verify and got to the top endocrinologist in country at utsw based on urgent and medical necessary over her field dealing with kidney tumor. The brain tumor was urgent I was at latter stage when I got to her. She save my life. I was diagnosed if I did not I will die and I thank her for dedication and excellent lab work and diagnosis.

|  HORRIBLE excpierience.  |  show details
May 30th, 2013

Dr. Hollander herself is a very pleasant and kind woman, however, it does NOT make up for how poorly this practice operates. On my first visit the receptionist was rude, and I waited 45 minutes before I was ever even taken out of the waiting room. My examination with Dr. Hollander took another full hour, as she would disappear for 20-30 minutes at a time each time she left the room (where there was bloody gauze on the floor, by the way). I was there for nearly 3 hours total, just for blood work! After the appointment the receptionist said she would call within 3 days with my test results and that it may be "very early in the morning or 7:00 in the evening, but she will definitely call within 3 days". Well, that's good, I thought. WRONG. Fast forward 3 weeks: I'm still waiting for the results of my blood work. I had to call 3 times, and I never had any of my voicemails returned, they just finally answered their phone. On top of that, they said the results came back earlier in the week, but she hasn't reviewed them and is out of the office, so she'll "probably call on Monday with the results" otherwise I'm supposed to call back AGAIN. Really? Why is the patient having to chase down their test results? I have to see many doctors for health reasons, and I've never come across such a frustrating practice. There are things that are more important than bedside manner, and running an efficient and organized practice is one of them. I will NOT be back.

Oct 13th, 2012

Much too busy physician to treat my complexed condition. No answers, no referral, no treatment, then no contact at all. Very disappointed. Must quickly find another Endocrinologist.

|  yolanda  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2012

Dr. Hollander is the "BEST" she cares about her patient and she listen and understand there condition and needs. She is the statue of what every doctor should be, Caring dedicated and respectful.

|  Never received results for A1C after 1 (one month) called several times  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2012

It is always very important for me to receive my test results after going to the Dr. I all ways have to call to receive it and after my last visit I still have not received it after more than a month and several calls to the office.

|  Staff problems  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2011

Dr. Hollander is an excellent doctor but she has some problems with her staff. Most of the staff is polite but multiple mistakes were made with follow through and scheduling of appointments. If I hadn't called numerous times, my follow up appointment with radiology never would have happened.

|  Needs to learn to return calls  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2011

I have had a call in to this doctor for over a month and have yet to get a call back. This is unacceptable.As far as knowledge she is incredible, and seems to care, but if you can't get a call back then the knowledge doesn't do me much good.

May 20th, 2011

I've been seeing Dr. Hollander for the past 3 years. Prior to her, I lived in New York City and I absolutely loved my Endochronologist. I can't seem to make a connection with Dr. Hollander. She has pretty good bedside manners. I have't had any real issues with me diabetes so the jury is still out.

|  10 years of EXCELLENT service  |  show details
by GMW on Oct 27th, 2010

I once told Dr Hollander if I were to move from the area that I would fly back for my treatment. Yes, she is that good!She was the one to FINALLY, after a long period of misdiagnosis, treat my thyroid issue. I would recommend her or Kristy to anyone. The staff there is beyond friendly and it is just a pleasure being seen by someone who takes their time to get to know their patients.

|  She's the best  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2010

I've been Type I diabetic for 43 years; needless to say I've seen a lot of endocrinologists. 99% are rude, abrupt, condescending, and more interested in numbers than me. I'm very picky about my doctors and won't stand for jerks. Dr. Hollander is the smartest and most caring doctor of any specialty I've ever know. She looks at my numbers and says "What are we going to do about this?" She doesn't yell at me when my numbers are bad. She's never been negative or patronizing in any way about all my questions. She's called me during holidays when she's in her office following up on charts. I carry several of her cards in my billfold to refer people to her. I have the utmost faith in her; I'm unreserved in my praise of her; and I will go to her forever. My name is Dottie Love. You can google me anytime and I'll confirm this.

|  The Professor Is In  |  show details
May 10th, 2010

Dr. Hollander's bedside manner is one of an analyst working with microchips. She just can't help herself. The doctor is very very capable but she can alienate the patient. Her intent is good but the requirement to turn patients every 8 minutes leaves the patient feeling like they just got kissed by a cow. My diabetic condition has stablized under her care. That's what matters. At the same time it has been hard for me to continue to see her because she can be so abrupt with me. Very much like my professor who views me as just another needy student that has too many questions. There have been many many times that I have learned things from her about my disease while she was chiding me about not knowing these details. How was I to know? I thought that it was she that was supposed to teach me about my disease. I guess that I am just a dumbass. That is how she appears to feel. Remember now, she is a great doctor, just a horrible delivery agent.

|  Excellent for treatment of diabetes  |  show details
by Joyce Duncan on Apr 14th, 2010

I have recommended her to other friends and will continue to recommend her. She has been very prompt in helping me when I have been on trips and she has been very professional and helpful to me.

|  Totally fooled  |  show details
by Disappointed in Dallas on Mar 3rd, 2010

I was very impressed with Dr. Hollander at first. She seemed to care very much and made all the right amount of phone calls to follow up and no doubt has all the knowledge. I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis with a goiter with nodules that have calcifications. This puts me at a greater risk for thyroid cancer. I am a singer by trade. So naturally, I am very concerned. She sent me to Baylor downtown Dallas for a thyroid biopsy with ultrasound and they asked me for $2400. They wanted to bill my insurance $10,000 for this procedure which is completely outrageous. I cancelled the procedure because I knew I could have it done less expensive elsewhere. When I told her this, she said she was surprised, however, she has been sending patients there for quite some time. She offered to help me find somewhere that was less expensive. She and I both worked very hard together to find someone. I spoke with her assistant several times who couldn't even tell me where Dr. Hollander was credentialed. I found that odd. She could never answer any question when I spoke with her. My last conversation with Dr. Hollander went something like this "I have a doctor who will do your biopsy, however I can't tell you what the cost is" I said "I spoke with your assistant today and she was supposed to call me back with the doctors name and number and never did" Hollanders reply? after she laughed sarcastically? "well you aren't our only patient, we can't do everything for you" My mouth kind of flew open. It was so out of character from what I had seen and heard. I asked her why she was being this way, she said I was being difficult, yet when I repeated the question "what have I done to make this difficult? all I wanted was a phone number so I could call myself." She tried to pass it off and wouldn't answer my question. She then said she had been sick and I shared with her that I had been sick as well, in the hospital actually, but never took that out on her and was never even going to mention it. She tried to pretend to care at that point and smooth it over, but I was so upset and offended at the way she spoke to me, I couldn't get past it. Again, I was so highly offended and in such shock at how quickly she turned, I didn't even know what to say. I thanked her for her help and her insight and experience and I let her know I would not be coming back to her practice. I am writing this review to share my experience because when I am looking for a doctor, I read every review I can find. I guess I am still shocked at how she handled this. She broke the golden rule of being a great physician. She let her personal life, health and issues come into play and hinder her doctor-patient relationship. I truly thought I had found a doctor who really cared. In reality what I got was a well educated woman who felt obligated and treated me like I was trying to get something for free. Money was never the issue, my household income is over six figures a year. To charge 10,000 for what most facilities charge 3-4,000 for was obscene and I consider it theft. Dr. Hollander is a good doctor, but don't expect her to go the extra mile. She seems to have way too many patients and way to much on her plate to be able to give the great bedside manner that she may have, at one time, practiced. If I had done something wrong, I would have admitted it and moved on, however, I am a patient in need of help, and now I have to start my search over. I have to know that this was meant to happen this way for whatever reason.