Dr. Pritha Dhungana MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

September 20th, 2016
Staff was extremely helpful. Dr was very knowledgeable and helpful.

April 2nd, 2016
caring and knowledgable
I liked the way she takes her time to listen I am bipolar and she seems to understand my condition and is intelligent about various medications that can help bipolar

July 2nd, 2015
office does not ever answer call or return call.
The office service is horrible. They do not answer the phones or return a call. I called 7 times every day and still no return call. I am not going there anymore.

August 31st, 2014
Time well spent !
Have been to this clinic for the past year. The most impressive has been the amount of time during each visit the doctor has spent with us. Well beyond the slotted time and in great details and depth. Have an excellent visit each time !

March 1st, 2014
Great Experience
Very seldom do you get to see a doctor who is interested in you as a person. I was very satisfied with my visit with Dr Dhungana. She is very approachable, well read and smart. I was made to feel very comfortable and above all someone was LISTENING ! Will give very high marks and strongly recommend this clinic.

February 20th, 2014
Excellent doctor
Very caring and detail oriented physician. Have enjoyed every visit with my son to this wonderful facility. My sons grades have improved significantly.

January 24th, 2014
Therapist
I have seen Dhungana for the past 3 yrs, she is a very caring person and as of yet, I haven't had any problems with her. My only concern is that I hardly ever see her, the nurse usually sees me which to me is not the same. I went for therapy and I didn't like the way I was treated. I'm not sure if the therapist was having a rough day but she was rude to me. I think if someone decides to choose this profession they should be more patient with people.

November 29th, 2013
Remarkable Care
I have now had four appointments with Dr. Dhungana. I honestly have to say that I am shocked by the negative reviews on this site. I feel that either these reviews are mainly competitors or patients that are craving drugs, which is something that any decent doctor should not be prescribing frequently. I realize that this may sound harsh, but so are the reviews. Whenever I take my six year old son to visit Dr. Dhungana, he feels remarkably comfortable and at ease. I have had to transfer, along with my son, to Dr. Dhungana's office from another psychiatrist (who I will not name due to privacy) because of problems with co-operation between my former psychiatrist and me. However, Dr. Dhungana has made me feel extremely relaxed right from my first visit. I do realize that Dr. Dhungana is more focused on helping patients naturally instead of prescribing medicine. Of course my son is prescribed on medicine right now, but I have noticed that Dr. Dhungana tries to help patients naturally before prescribing treatment, which is a great step she takes as caution. I feel that sometimes patients may feel upset that they aren't being prescribed medications sooner, but I believe that Dr. Dhungana is taking a great step in this direction. So far, I have had no issues with Dr. Dhungana herself. She is extremely professional, thoughtful, and caring for my son and I. Since coming onto this site, I was absolutely astounded at these reviews. The only problem I have had were issues with the staff in terms of scheduling and other issues, but never with the doctor.

October 29th, 2013
Glad to see it wasn't just me
I agree wholeheartedly with the poor reviews of this doctor. I saw her several times and each time she would ask me the same questions as before, as if I were a new patient . She sat typing away at her computer, hardly ever making eye contact and would constantly interrupt me and change the subject when I was sharing something I felt was important with her. I felt like she was never really listening or cared. My son went to her and she told him some of the things I had discussed with her...so much for confidentiality. It looks like some people have a good experience with her but that certainly was not the case for me, or my son. Bad doctor in my opinion.

June 25th, 2013
Run away from this doctor or you have suffer from unknow misdiagnosis
I have been having cognitive/memory problems due to autoimmune illnesses (SLE) and in addition I have ADD (which I already knew). Upon talking to me for about 30 minutes she then without my knowledge diagnosed me as being bipolar (I am 35 years old so I would have shown some signs by the point). I only found out when I was trying to make a neuropsychologist appt. as they referred me to a behavioral mental hospital which I was confused about as I am not depressed, bipolar or have anxiety as she diagnosed me without my knowledge. I actually went and got tested with a John Hopkins trained doctor who spend several hours with me and confirmed I do not suffer from any of the above illnesses. Scary to think I would have never known any of this had I not questions why they refused to test me. Please seek another professional as misdiagnosis can be very scary.

June 17th, 2013
Does not listen
I have ADHD and have since I was a child. I have developed coping strategies so I have never really used medication unless I had to study or concentrate on a monotonous task for a long period of time. Dr. Dhungana does not prescribe ADHD medication (wish someone told me that before I made the appt). I also later found out that she diagnosed me as bipolar (via another dr) which at my age its news to me and every other medical professional I have ever seen. I then spoke to my therapist which I see weekly for stress management to make sure and he confirmed I did not have this disorder. Be very careful as this dr will make assumptions that can be very harmful.

May 15th, 2013
Do not walk, RUN!!
I completely agree with the other negative reviews. She saw us twice, when I tried to ask a question about the medication she prescribed she became very angry, said she could not help, and actually stated she was not "going to waste her time answering any questions." We were left in a daze after, in effect, being told to "get out" of her office. Her behavior was EXTREMELY strange. Evidently, she has a history of exemplifying this type of behavior, judging by the other reviews. So, I urge you, do not waste YOUR time with this unempathetic, apparent god complex having, medical "professional."