A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Purcell Smith III:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Purcell Smith III is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Smith III
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Patient Education Learn about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome by reading our patient guide overview page.Before Visiting Dr. Smith III Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Purcell Smith III, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hand Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith III graduated from University of Arkansas , Little Rock. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Smith III has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas
- Frisco Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Purcell Smith III MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 30 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. Purcell Smith III practice?
- Dr. Purcell Smith III has 1 office location.
Dr. Purcell Smith III practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near Plano, TX.
See Plano Orthopedic Surgeons and Plano Surgeons.