A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Purcell Smith III:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Purcell Smith III is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Smith III
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Smith III Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Purcell Smith III, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hand Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith III graduated from University of Arkansas , Little Rock. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Smith III has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas
- Frisco Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Purcell Smith III MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 30 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. Purcell Smith III practice?
- Dr. Purcell Smith III has 1 office location.
Dr. Purcell Smith III practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near Plano, TX.
See Plano Orthopedic Surgeons and Plano Surgeons.