Dr. Purita Villanueva MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

March 30th, 2015
Thank Goodness! I'm not the only one!
I am so happy to find this page and write a review. I thought it was me, now I know others have experienced the same bad, unacceptable and unprofessional care as I did. I would really like to know if anyone else sat on the end of the sawhorse leg tripod table and almost tumbled off as if they were on a Teter Totter. This would have surely injured my new hip replacement! To add insult to almost injury, Dr. V. as she suggested I call her, stood over my 66 year old body and ta,ta, ta, and scolded me for having sun damage. Humiliated, I informed her that having lived and worked on a ranch long before sun damage was in the for front and sunscreens were on the market, the damage had been done. What kind of Dr. is that? She had no instruments other than the infamous Cryoburner. She didn't touch me! She only looked at the front side of my body not the back! She was rude, uncaring and I question if she was a doctor at all…at 66 I can still remember the name we had for this kind of doctor. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck…it's a duck…quack! quack!

February 4th, 2015
Love her and her staff

February 4th, 2015
Good doctor, poor bedside manner until she knows you
She is touchy, particularly on the first visit. Last time she was in a really good mood. I have seen her about four or five times, has done a couple of biopsies, only calls if the news is bad. Last time she removed a small growth by the side of my nose, was quick and very efficient.

March 27th, 2013
Worst experience I've ever had with a doctor's office
The wait was long. I had to miss a half of day of work. Once I finally met Dr. Villanueva, she seemed like she had no idea what kind of condition I had or how to treat it. She prescribed me something that was nearly $100 and I couldn't afford that. I had the pharmacy request to change to something cheaper, which she did. That ointment didn't work so I had to call back and see if there was anything else I could try. At that point is when her staff became completely rude and condescending towards me. They are all unprofessional and don't have a clue what they are doing in that office. I will never return there, or even call. There is no way that I would recommend anyone that I know go to see her. Spend your money and time elsewhere.

August 23rd, 2012
No Bedside manner, receptions rude and uncaring. Super long wait, very disappointed. The appt. was for my 16 year old and she said Let's never come back. So we didn't

March 9th, 2011
I had not seen Dr Villanueva since before she left McHenry Medical. I had made an appointment to see her about having a procedure. I was surprised to hear that I had an appointment the next day, where at McHenry Medical the wait would be almost a 4 month wait for something as simple as having a mole checked. I found her to be the same caring person, asking me if there was anything further that I had questions on...just as before, she never demonstrates to be in a rush to get to the next person. I would absolutely recommend her

February 16th, 2011
THIS DOCTOR OVER BOOKS HER PATIENTS. SHE IS MORE WORRIED ABOUT MAKING MONEY THAN HER PATIENTS CARE AND THE TIME THEY HAVE TO WAIT TO SEE HER. HER STAFF LIES ABOUT WAIT TIMES. WHEN SHE WAS AT MC HENRY MEDICAL SHE WAS A MUCH BETTER DR WITH A BETTER STAFF. I WON'T GO BACK. AND I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND HER AGAIN. THIS NEW OFFICE AND GOING OUT ON HER OWN WAS VERY VERY BAD FOR PATIENTS.

October 29th, 2010
UNprofessional Doctor & UNqualified Office Staff
I am very disappointed regarding the professionalism of the doctor and staff at Dr Villanueva's new office at 1208 B-8 Floyd Ave. Modesto, Ca. While at Dr Villanueva's office for a PROCEDURE, the front office employee tried to collect a co-pay. I have 20 years experience with medical billing and when I was actively billing I knew there were no co-pays with procedures - just office visits, so I questioned her asking for a co-pay, wondering if there had been changes since retiring. The front office person proceeded to dispute this fact until she suggested that she call "her" billing department. I agreed and shortly thereafter "her" billing department confirmed (on speaker phone), the office should not collect co-pays for procedures. Unfortunately, because the front office person kept insisting on collecting my co-pay until she was correctly informed otherwise, other patients in the waiting room - if you can call 6 folding chairs a waiting room - became aware that they were also erroneously charged a co-pay for procedures. While I was waiting in the exam room (for 30 minutes, in addition to the 30 minutes in the waiting room) the front office person came into my exam room to tell me that she asked for the co-pay originally because the doctor is "money-hungry". Later that same evening the doctor called me at my home, not to hear my side of what transpired earlier in the day at her office, but instead to tell me not to discuss money with anyone in her office but her (since when do you ever talk to a doctor directly about co-pays?) I tried to explain that I was simply asking about my co-pay and it was her employee that escalated the issue. The office person could have ended everything by stating she would check and get back to me. Dr. Villanueva became increasingly hostile, yelling at me for questioning my co-pay with her staff. When I would try to explain my side, she did not want to hear it and kept talking over me. She obviously did not want to hear my side of what happened and was only calling to tell me what to do. At that point I told her that she should educate her staff about what to collect for and what not to collect for to alleviate any further issues. She said her staff is great and knows what they are doing, at which time I told her about the "money-hungry" comment. She said she did not believe me - basically calling me a liar. When I asked her what would I have to gain by lying to her she became suspicious of her employee and said if I was correct she would fire her. What kind of professional doctor discusses such things with their patients? After informing me that there were other dermatologist in Modesto that I could see instead, she ended the conversation stating that she would question me again with the office person on my return follow up. Needless to say ....there will be no follow up for me as now I do not trust this doctor, nor respect her any longer for calling at my house to yell at me for an error her staff made.

September 15th, 2010
Child Pyschiatry is not Dermatology
If she is a child pyschiatrist and isnt Board Certified in Dermatology why is she listed under Dermatology or is this a mistake?