Dr. Purnendu Gupta Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Purnendu Gupta?

Finding the right orthopedist

Posted on April 16th, 2015

Best spine surgeon in Chicago - I owe this man my life

Posted on February 11th, 2015

Excellent Dr , excellent staff I wish if there is more than 5 star to give

Discectomy

Posted on May 5th, 2012

I don't usually write online reviews, but reading one very negative review which I disagreed with whole heartedly, I felt it necessary to write my own. In Sept. of 2010 I was experiencing extreme leg pain and having difficulty standing and walking for any period of time. As I was only 30, I was extremely concerned. Following an MRI it was clear that I had a very large disc herniation near L4/L5. The surgery was scheduled for ~6 weeks from my initial appointment, as that was the soonest time available (the volume of patients Dr. Gupta has is a testament to his care). Unfortunately things got worse, and fearful that I could be experienceing symptoms of stenosis, Dr. Gupta cleared his schedule, the evening b/f he was to leave for a work related oversees trip, to perform emergency surgery. I owe so much to his care, concern and overall medical integrity. I too saw residents throughout my primary apt. and diagnosis as well as followups. This however is necessary due to the volume of patients Dr. Gupta sees. The usual "protocol" worked well. Usually during my apointments I would see the resident or intern first, and this would be followed up by Dr. Gupta, always providing me an opportunity to speak with him directly.

Spinal Degeneration - Multiple Level Fusion

Posted on January 18th, 2012

6 yrs ago Dr. Gupta performed a diagnosis and fusion of my spine from L5-L1, after 4 prior surgeries with significant complications, Dr. Gupta took his time, addressed a clear plan, specific communication with my wife and I and then executed. I am seeing him due to some remedial issues and they were expected potential outcomes from the initial surgeries - I would recommend him to anyone who needs an honest, integrity based physician who seeks a real pain resolution solution

Posted on September 13th, 2010

My internist had spoken to him directly and requested an immediate appointment. His nurse was to have phoned the following day to schedule the specific time for the appointment which never occurred. Instead, my daughter phoned her and an appointment was established for 1:30 p.m. the following day. We arrived on time. After an hour had passed, I was taken for xrays. Finally, at 3:15 pm, the nurse came to escort me but then said I would be seen by the resident. When I objected since my appt was with the surgeon, himself, she responded that was their protocol. As i am 89 years old and prefer to be seen by only one doctor, the one I was scheduled to see, I requested that she ask the doctor to kindly alter his protocol. After another ten minutes had passed, the nurse returned to advise the doctor could not see me at all because he was leaving to perform emergency surgery. During the intervening time frame, the attendants continuously responded to our inquiries that the doctor was seeing patients. My appointment was specifically for the doctor not his resident! When I inquired when he'd be next available, I was informed he was leaving for several weeks and would not be available until some time in October. That is the manner in which a new patient with excrutiating pain was treated. It is unconcionable and unprofessional. Do not bother with this doctor. He's a waste of your time!

Scoliosis surgery, 13 level fusion excellent result and recovery!

Posted on November 22nd, 2009