Dr. Purnima Purohit MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 12th, 2016
Please be aware of this doctor!! I should have cancelled my appointment as soon as I walked into her clinic and found out that they only took cash when paying copays. I felt this was very odd and I certainly should have stuck with my gut feeling. When I went back for my pap, Dr Purohit was very rude. I explained during my visit that I was there for a check up and that my husband and I had decided that it was time for us to start a family. She acted very unconcerned about my questions. Four days later my results came back from my pap and she scheduled me another appointment to discuss my results, which I remind you was another 45.00 copay in CASH! As I am sitting in her office she determines from my pap that "children are NOT likely" for me and that I had a list of things wrong with me. She orders more blood word and prescribes me birth control along with two other prescriptions. She schedules me ANOTHER appointment at her office that week for an ultrasound. Once the ultrasound was complete she the schedules me another appointment for ANOTHER test and then sends me to get more blood work done! Months drag on and I am still just as upset as I was the day I got the news that "children are not likely" but now, not only will I "not be able to have children" I am also "very high risk for cancer" so as anyone would be I am tired of the test, I am tired of having no answers and knowing nothing for certain. So I decide that I am going to find a second opinion! During that time period Dr. Purohits office called me every other day leaving voicemails to trying to schedule me an appointment. Finally I answered the phone after two weeks of them calling and the receptionist said that "Dr. Purohit was FREAKING out" who says this to a patient?! So I ask her to have Dr Purohit to call me in regards to my last visit she proceeds to tell me that she "will see what she can do". To conclude this review, after my results came back from my new doctor it was negative- meaning there was absolutely NOTHING wrong with me! I discussed with him my options for children and turns out there is no reason why my husband and I can't start our family other than the fact that Dr. Purohit put me on BIRTHCONTROL! I signed a release form requesting my record be sent to the new doctor and guess what?! Absolutely EVERTHING that Dr. Purohit had been verbally telling me was no where to be found in my records! She covered her tracks well! So for those of you that think of using her for your Doctor PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reconsider!

February 25th, 2015
patient
Love her and her staff...Linda, Jennifer, Michelle and Courtney in the Senatobia office. Dr. Purohit is VERY wise and experienced. A little wait because she's busy...but, definitely worth the wait!!!

April 10th, 2010
Great doctor. Compassionate, caring and knowledgeable. Highly recommend her to anyone!

August 27th, 2009
The most horrible doctor I have ever been to!!! The clinic was filthy and had no air conditioning in the middle of summer! Was at this office for over 4 hours having useless tests done just so they could charge me extra money. The doctor was extremely uncaring and was always yelling at her staff. The only reason I went there and stayed was because I was on family planning medicaid at the time and had an emergency and this was the only clinic that accpted it.Even though they still ended up billing me for said useless tests. I will NEVER go back and have told everyone I know how horrible this office and this doctor are. DO NOT GO THERE IF YOU CAN HELP IT!!