Dr. Purnima Sau MD Patient Reviews

1.8

• Good
  • Bad

August 15th, 2017
Dr. Sau is a very competent diagnostician. I have complete confidence in the care she provides to me. Her staff is friendly and courteous. Love Martha!

January 23rd, 2015
NEVER AGAIN!
Waste of time and MONEY!!! Went in twice (got charged twice) for something she could have done the first time. Bed side manner is appalling/ rude / gets defensive when you suggest/ask questions.

January 16th, 2015
terrible experience
overbooked appointments, very long wait (over 1 hour), very short consultation with Dr. Sau, who was in a hurry. Not much of a help (I came in for a skin burn, which she barely looked at). On top of it all, lots of billing problems. I received an invoice six months after the visit (they didn't submit a claim to my insurance until 5 months after the visit). Although I paid it right away, as insult to injury, several months later I received another bill from their collection agency. A few phone calls to confirm that I had already paid rectified the situation, but wow, their bookkeeping system is a total mess. Save yourself the headache and go to another doctor.

November 20th, 2014
Will NOT Be Returning to Dr. Sau
The staff was not very rude to me directly but were talking loudly and eating right in front which seemed slightly unprofessional. My biggest issue was with Dr. Sau herself. First, she comes in the room with an assistant who never introduces herself which made me slightly uncomfortable. Dr. Sau seemed very dismissive of my concerns and got seemingly agitated with me when I asked her several questions. I have been to other dermatologists before and have never been made to feel like I did when I was with this doctor. Also, the exam I got did not seem thorough at all compared to exams I have received from other dermatologists. Lastly, she and the assistant leave the room and I can hear them clearly through the wall discussing me! That really, really bothered me and is incredibly inappropriate. It was an uncomfortable experience with a very dismissive doctor and I will never go back.

November 28th, 2012
Great Doctor.
I loved Dr Sau. She had to remove a skin tag from my chest and even though it was noon and they were going to lunch, she did it so I wouldn't have to go back. She is courteous and very professional.

July 26th, 2012
Poor service
I usually have 12 visits per year for acne medication, and every time I come, I see the same woman at the front desk. She has no courtesy, to say the least. She's very rude, at all time, unless you are a Hispanic male. Every time I call in to inquire about appointments and information regarding my healthcare plan, she answers with a very impolite tone; she sometimes questions me back when I ask questions. Completely unhelpful, and she acts as if she does not enjoy her job at all. During one of my waiting time, I saw her eating lunch right at the front desk- very unprofessional. Another time, I saw her putting a patient on hold (on the phone) because she was in the process of gossiping with another of Dr. Sau's assistant. I'm not quite sure if this happens very often, but I do not have a good impression during any of my visit. Dr. Sau can be absolutely helpful and accurate with her diagnosis and prescriptions, but I've decided to get a new dermatologist after 1 year because of this poor service that I receive. Very disappointing, but sadden because Dr. Sau is such a good dermatologist!

July 20th, 2012
Don't go
Dr. Say rushed me out of her office. I will NOT return back.

December 13th, 2011
Go somewhere else
Dr. Sau is nice, and I'm sure she is fairly good at dermatology, but she cannot manage her office. I have never had such poor service. The professionalism of the staff is abysmal. The receptionist greets you with a sneer and she was visibly and audibly angry all the three times I visited the office. Then there is the nurse that doesn't speak English. She's a treat. She has no idea what she's supposed to be doing. She smiles awkwardly and reminds me of a character out of the Adams Family... Basically, the problem is the staff. And, I'm sure they try to fit in as many patients as they can each day, which is nice if you need to see someone, but counterproductive. The fact that I was able to get an appointment so quickly should've been a tipoff that something was wrong....I have so many gripes with my experience with Dr. Sau and her staff that I haven't even scratched the surface, but just do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

November 14th, 2011
Difficult experience
I was not able to get an accurate diagnosis after months of issues. I did not feel that the doctor spent much time researching the problem, or cared about resolving the root problems.

October 12th, 2011
Dr. Sau has been my dermatologist as well as my husbands. She diagnosed my husbands melanoma which was immediately removed, he is doing well. I find her extremely competent. The office staff is very approachble and I never have to wait more than 10 minutes to be seen. I reccomended her to my sister in law and would recommend her at anytime.

December 29th, 2010
So Disappointing! DO NOT CHOOSE THIS DOCTOR
My husband and I both had appointments with this doctor today and we came back with a great disappointment and so regretful of choosing this doctor. I found these reviews after came back from her office and I am so surprised how could some people be happy with her. She was so cold, rude, and careless about the patients and I would say the only thing she cares about is money. She does not listen to what I was saying and kept cutting me off, just like she wants to get rid of me as soon as possible. When I asked questions about my problems, she was just keep saying: I dont know, or I am not sure, or it is not a problem, you should make another appointment for that, and so on. What does that mean? If a doctor does not know about your problem or does not bother to figure it out, then what is the point of seeing a doctor? She was even worse with my husband, as she went to see him, she did not even see his skin and she just said, I can only spend 5 mins with you!!! HUH??? Is it a rule? Is there any timeframe specified for doctors??? I dont really understand and the only thing it means to me is that she does not care about patients, but about the money.

March 3rd, 2010
I like Dr. Sau
I find her to be competent. She diagnosed my problem accurately. She is very professional.