Dr. Qi Zhang MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Glendale, AZ

3.2

October 26th, 2016
Amazing
Dr. Zhang is the best doctor I could have asked for to take care of us throughout our pregnancy. She is beyond kind, helpful and makes you feel so good. I would recommend her to any up and coming mommy! You and your little bundle of joy will be in great hands.

June 11th, 2016
X-Patient
Dr. Zhang is getting paid big money, from big Pharma (Bayer) implanting women with the new way to sterilize women with the Essure device. She's getting paid so much money, she's in denial that Essure is making women chronically ill. I was her patient and trusted that the Essure implant she sold me on was as safe as she explained it to be. I trusted you Dr. Zhang and here I am three years later still dealing with side affects of this product that Congress is looking to pull of the market. She purposely made me her last appointment for the day knowing I was there seeking a hysterectomy to get this device out of my body. She had me wait in the back room not seeing me until all employee's and patients were gone for the day and all of the office lights were out. She knows what this product is doing to women around the world and does nothing to help her patients when the device fails inside their body. I would be afraid of law suits too knowing there's a huge movement of women out there like me where this device failed. I have not been able to work, I am couch bound/bedridden, filing bankruptcy while waiting to see the OBGYN that will provide the necessary procedure so I can have my life back again. Shame on you Dr. Zhang for sticking next to Bayer and continuing to sell this product to women knowing so may women are having severe side affects. For women seeing this post and needing help, visit Essure Sisters on Facebook. Information is broken down by each state with resources and doctor's that are helping women. DO NOT IMPLANT THIS DEVICE. Women moved to social media based on the lack of response from the Doctor's doing these implants. Do not look at the internet as a place where people go to complain. If there's over 30,000 women complaining, it's not a complaint, it's a huge problem.

October 8th, 2013
Not a great experience
I was assigned to Dr. Zhang because she was the first doctor available at Desert West when I made an appointment for my annual exam. The appointment went super fast and she just breezed over questions/concerns I wanted to discuss, telling me they were nothing to worry about. About two weeks later I found out I was pregnant. Dr. Zhang told me to call her right away when that happened, as I had a history of ectopic pregnancy. When I called the office, the person that answered the phone said that it was too early for an appointment with the Dr. and her instructions to call her were not in my file so I could only speak with her nurses assistant. Over the course of the next week, I started having problems that really worried me (cramping, bleeding). Over the entire week, I could never get a hold of the Dr. or her assistant. It was always a game of phone tag, and I had to leave messages - very frustrating not being able to talk to a person when you are cramping/bleeding during pregnancy! When I was finally able to get an appointment to see the doctor and review my blood work (a week later) my mom was with me for emotional support. Dr. Zhang walked in the room and said "hello, grandma!" to my mom, which gave me hope that the pregnancy was okay. Then she looked at my chart. Sandwiched between sentences of medical jargon she said without making eye contact or hesitation, "you did have a miscarriage". I was ushered out of the room just a few minutes later with no follow up plan. It was so cold and the entire experience was awful. She has no bedside manner and is not easy to get a hold of when problems arise.

June 4th, 2013
Excellent Dr.
Dr. Zhang has been my OB for a year and a half. She was with me for my first pregnancy, and I came back to her for my 2nd. She is SO easy to talk to and down to earth. Not to mention super intelligent. She always has a smile on her face and really takes the time to talk to you; I never feel rushed or unimportant. She is associated with Desert West OBGYN in the west valley, and I have gone through approx. 3 or 4 other doctors in that office before finally finding her - none of the others compare. She gives lots of important detail and explanations - something a young mom like me really appreciates. She did not allow me to be induced early, even when I wanted to be, and would not "strip my membranes" because I was positive for Strep B - two things that I was told by another OB they would do for me. I know she had my health and my baby's health in mind when making her decision.

September 24th, 2012
Poor Communication, Waste of Time
This doctor ordered some bloodwork, gave me a paper with the code for the order, and told me to schedule an appointment at a lab. I scheduled at Lab Corp, and was told when I arrived for my appointment that they don't do the tests that were ordered. I then rescheduled at Sonora Quest labs, and when I arrived for my appointment there over my lunch hour, I was informed that the tests that were ordered included a 2 hour glucose test. The doctor never told me which labs offer the tests she ordered, nor did she mention that it would take 2 hours! So now, after 3 appointments, I am still no further ahead in getting a diagnosis than I was before my visit with this doctor. Save yourself time and choose a doctor whose office provides labs in-house, and who takes the time to explain what is being ordered and why.

June 13th, 2012
Dr Zhang is not prepared to care for mid aged problems such as fibroids. She basically threw her arms in the air and gave up. I went to another valley physician with more experience and had problems taken care quickly.